Four. Writers Block

(A/N- Sorry that it's kinda short....I usually prefer 3000+ words per chapter but this one is only about 2300 and some.  Anyway, I hope you enjoy it regardless!!  Also...pic on the side is what I imagine Ryan to look like.  But that's just me...please feel free to picture him however you would like!!  Much Love!  xx)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Hey baby.  I miss you.  How’s New York?”

“Really good.  We are getting a lot of stuff accomplished.”

“That’s awesome, babe.  You’re not too lonely without me, right?” I chuckled through the phone.

“Of course not.  You know I have many ladies fulfilling my needs” We both laugh.

“Sure you do, Ry.” I reply after my laughter has calmed down.

“But I seriously do miss you, Ni.  I can’t wait until Saturday when I can see you again.”

“Me too.”

“So how did it go with Harry?” He asks.  I sigh.  “That good, huh?” He replies sarcastically hearing the sadness in my sigh.

“It was ok at first.  We just talked about how we each are doing and stuff like that but then it just went downhill from there.  He came right out and basically said that he wants to be with me and I told him that I am happy with you and that maybe it isn’t a good idea that we see each other until he is fully over me.  But I think that got him thinking that it’s either only my friendship or nothing.  So He agreed to be my friend.”

“Well that’s good, babe.  At least you can now start slowly building your friendship back.  I’ll be honest and say that I might get slightly nervous if you go and hang out with him because his feelings for you are still obviously so strong.”

“Ryan, I’m so sorry.  I really don’t want to make you upset.  Is there anything that would make all of this easier on you?”  I feel really bad.  I don’t want to do anything that would jeopardize my relationship with Ryan.

“Maybe….but I don’t want to ask it of you”

“Just ask.  Really, baby.  Tell me what you need?” I really want to know what will make him feel more at ease with regard to this whole situation.

“Well…I…um…guess that maybe until he is over you or getting that way…maybe when you hang out with him…you have other friends with you…you know like Louis, Liam, Zayn and if it’s not too hurtful for him, maybe even me?  Is that asking too much?  I don’t want to sound like a jerk and put stipulations on anything you do…God…just never mind…forget that I even suggested it, ok?”

“Hush, Ryan.  I think that what you suggested is a perfectly reasonable request.  A request that I would probably make if I was in your position.  I won’t hang out with Harry one on one until his feelings for me have diminished.”  I honestly think that what he is asking is completely valid.  Of course I would agree to it and I really think that it would probably be best on Harry as well. 

“Are you sure?” He asks timidly.

“Absolutely, babe.”

“Ok.  Thanks, Niall.  That means a lot.  But I have to go.  I have a meeting in a few minutes.”

“Alright.  I miss you, babe.  I’ll talk to you tomorrow.”

“Yup.  Miss you too, baby.  Bye”