Ten. Bloom

(A/N- So I decided that since it is the first day of the new year, I would update.  I hope everyone's new year has started off great!!  Thank you all so much for reading and I hope you enjoy!!  Comment/Vote!!  Love to all of you!! ~pic on the side of Harry looking really good with a guitar..even though you can't really see his face..guys with guitars though... make me smile!  Maybe that's why I'm a Niall girl!  Also...this chapter brings back "Bloom" by The Paper Kites.  Video on the side!   xx )

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The party is still in full swing even though it is nearing one in the morning.  Ryan and I have since rejoined the others again but I’ve taken notice that Harry is keeping his distance.  I know he saw what took place between Ryan and me and I feel horrible but there is nothing I can do to change it except, once again, being mindful of the interactions between us.

Another half hour passes and I see Lou walk up on to the stage.  He smiles and waves at everyone and then takes the mic.

“Again, thank you all for coming.” He waves and continues.  “Harry, come on up here.” He motions to Harry and he cocks a brow at Louis but walks up there to stand next to his best friend.

“So, my dear friend, people have been telling me all night that they want you to perform a song.  I think you should; as a thank you to everyone who came to your lame party.” He chuckles out the last bit and is hit on the arm by Harry.

“Fine.” Harry concedes and takes the mic from Louis.  He smiles at everyone; all eyes now on Harry.  Lou runs off for a moment and comes back from wherever he went with a guitar in his hand.

“You obviously planned this, Lou” Harry states and Lou simply winks at his best friend.  He hops off the stage and come over to join Zayn, Liam, Ryan and myself.  Everyone claps as Harry put the mic on the stand and pulls up a stool that was off to the side of the stage.

“It really does mean a lot to me that you could make it here tonight.  Thank you so much.” He smiles.  “So….a song.” He is clearly deciding what he wants to sing.  He is displaying his thinking face that I use to tease him about.  I chuckle internally and smile up at him even though his eyes are trained on the ceiling.

I have one hand holding a beer and the other in my pocket while Ryan is holding onto a beer himself and his other hand is wrapped around my waist and resting on my hip.  I haven’t heard Harry singing live since last August and to be honest, I very much miss it.  He is too talented to not be singing and I can’t help but feel guilty about the whole thing because I know the reasons he isn’t doing it anymore and us not being together is a big reason. 

Harry closes his eyes and reopens them only to look in our direction; more specifically at me.  He only leaves his eyes on me for a moment, likely because Ryan is right next to me but he then begins to speak.

“So this is probably one of my favorite songs.  So…..yeah….” He trails off and then begins to play and as soon as the first chord is strummed, my heart sinks.

“In the morning when I wake and the sun is coming through, oh you fill my lungs with sweetness and you fill my head with you……”  He continues to sing and occasionally will look around at the audience but his eyes will always make contact with mine for quick knowing moments.