Three. Friends

(A/N- So this chapter ties in Niall and Louis' lunch that was written about in the prologue, thereby brining this story to the present. (well present in this story anyway...which by my guess of how many years have passed it is January of 2018.)  Anyway....I wanted to find a Ryan Chandler and her it narrowed down to two people- Douglas Booth and William Moseley. Let me know which on you think would make a better Ryan.  Remember Ryan is an amazingly sweet guy who would never hurt a fly and has an unbelievably big heart and just wants everyone to be happy.  If you have someone else in mind...let me know and I'll take a look!  Anyway, I hope you all enjoy chapter 3 and that you for all of the reads, comments and votes so far!!  I really appreciate it!!  xx )

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last week was a crazy one.  Ryan and I had a wonderful anniversary dinner on Wednesday night.  However, we couldn’t escape the paps.  But we are both used to it all.  Fame does come with some drawbacks but I wouldn’t trade any of it.   

Saturday I had lunch with Louis and I knew Harry would be brought up.  He always is when I am with Lou.  I told him that I would text Harry and I will do as I said I would but it’s not going to do what Louis is hoping it will do.  I am happily with Ryan and I met his parents on Sunday and they are lovely people and thankfully they like me.

It’s Friday morning and I have my phone in my hand trying to figure out what to text to him.  I guess the basics would work at this time.  I do feel really bad that, according to Louis, he still isn’t over me.  It’s sad really because regardless of what happened, he is a really great guy and deserves to be happy.  I just wish he would put himself back out there and start dating.  I see him in papers and tabloids and the only people he is ever seen with are his family, Louis, Liam or Zayn.  

I also feel bad because I know he has seen pictures of Ryan and me out.  I told him that I had feelings for Ryan at his concert last August and Ryan and I officially started dating in October.  That was certainly all over the news.  Thankfully the boys never did tell me what his reaction to the news was.  I saw how hurt he was when I told him of my feelings for Ryan and I certainly didn’t want to know of the pain he was in when Ryan and I made it official.

Here goes nothing, I guess.  I scroll through my contacts and come across his name; or contact name, rather.  ‘Hxx’ is staring me right in the face.  I never changed his contact name in my phone.  Through our entire relationship he stayed as ‘Hxx’ like he was the first time I ever put his number into my phone and had to do it secretly because we couldn’t let anyone know that we were friends.  I certainly can’t leave it as that anymore.  I take a couple moments to edit his name in my phone and then I begin to press my fingers to the letters on my screen and type a message to Harry.

To: Harry

Hey you.  Hope you are well.

I figure that would be a good opener.  I waited for his response and it came only five minutes later.

To: Niall

Hi.  I’m ok.  How are you?

To: Harry

Good.  I’m doing well, thank you.  I was just wondering if maybe you wanted to meet up sometime next week.  Lunch, maybe?  I’m not sure if that would be something that you would be interested in…just an idea.  Haven’t seen each other in a while…it’d be nice to catch up.

To: Niall

Yes.  Absolutely.  I’d love to see you.  Just me and you…or…..