Chapter 1

Sakura's POV

It was the late afternoon and Sasuke and I were to meet by the station for a movie date...An hour ago.

I sighed not bothering to check my phone for the millionth time to see if the time had changed.

No sign of Sasuke, not a text or a call. Nothing.

I'm beginning to wonder if something happened to him??

Just when I was going to try calling again I see him casually strolling towards me on his phone.

I shot up from the bench "Sasuke?!" I called out to him a bit too loudly.

It got the attention from some people walking by but Sasuke didn't look up until he finished texting.

"Hm?" He looked at me blankly

"You have some nerve showing up this late!"

 is what I would have said but didn't exactly have the courage

.... is what I would have said but didn't exactly have the courage.

"I tried calling you didn't you get the message?" I asked instead

"Oh sorry about that you know I don't like calls much" was all he said as he slid his phone into his pocket

Is that the best he could come up with ???

"Right..." I responded.

"Wanna get going?" Sasuke asked

There wasn't much point, the movie we planned to see was already half way over.

"The movie started already" I said softly

Sasuke looked at me then at the time "you're right maybe next time" he then poked my forehead hard making me take a step back.

It's so embarrassing when he does that!

"Come on I'll make it up to you" Sasuke started walking ahead of me.

"O-ok!" I caught up to him.

We ended up walking for what felt like forever! I really shouldn't have worn heels..

But just when I was going to ask for a break Sasuke stopped walking and turned to face me.

"Let's eat here" he said

I looked up and saw a really fancy restaurant that was well out of my personal price range

"Woah! S-Sasuke this place is too nice!" I said looking up at the beautifully decorated building

"It's good" he started walking in but I grabbed his hand

"I'm not dressed for a place like this!" I said

"Nobody's gonna notice, it's pretty dark in there" he grabbed my hand back and kept walking

So he's been here before? I always forget his family is rich.

We walked in and it was just as Sasuke said. Dimly lit and not a single person looking up from their own table.

But just as I thought- they were all dressed so nice. Not a single woman was seen without a dress. Of course myself and the waitresses being the only exceptions.

I felt so uncomfortable but Sasuke seemed to feel right at home even when he wasn't exactly dressed either.

We made our way up the stairs and out to one of the tables on the balcony.

"It's beautiful!" I said in amazement looking at the view of the city lights.

I turned back to Sasuke and my face slowly went dim to see he was back on his phone. I quietly sat down as to not make scene.

The waiter came and took our order, the food came, we ate, we waited for the check, and just like that the night was over.

No words, nothing.

Talk about the worst date ever...

Sasuke has never really been much of a talker but this was just on a different level.

Maybe he was having a bad day? Or maybe he was mad at me?

I don't know...

We finally got to my house and Sasuke walked me up to the door giving me a kiss on the cheek making me blush a bit.

"Sorry but I have something I have to do" he said walking away instead of coming in as usual.

I waved him off and walked inside shutting the door behind me.

I let out a long sigh and slid down the door.

That was terrible.

I quickly got up and took my phone out of my purse to call Ino.

There was definitely something off about Sasuke. He'd never do something like this to me so close to our anniversary.

Once Ino picked up I explained all that happened.

"no way! That's awful! Are you sure that was Sasuke and not some imposter??" Ino shouted through the phone

"What do you think his deal was?" I asked sitting on the couch eating a bowl of grapes. "you don't think he's... losing interest, do you?"

I heard Ino gasp and say "or worse! What if he's cheating!?"

"Oh wow thanks Ino I knew calling you would make me feel better" I let my head fall back

"It's possible! Think about it!" Ino said switching to speaker as I did the same

"No way! Sasuke wouldn't do that! I think he was just having a bad day" I switched positions on the couch.

"Well whatever it is this calls for an investigation! Ino Yamanaka is on the case!" Ino shouted

"No offense Ino but I really hope you're wrong." I said bluntly

"Only one way to find out! I'll get back to you!" She said hanging up.

I let out another sigh. Ino can really be something Sasuke would never cheat on me. Or would he?

——————————————

Thank you for reading chapter one! I hope you liked it!

Comment and Vote 🤙🏼