Rain and Rescue

Thunder cracked after a blinding flash of lightning. It was late, 1:00 am. Aquarius sat up after the booming noise. She touched her neck expecting white cloth. They had taken her bandages of yesterday and she was left with an intense scar.

It made her feel insecure about herself. She touched the scar and felt the bumps and ridges that her skin had to still heal. She sighed and got out of bed. The rain pounded against her window.

Aquarius went to the mirror and now looked at the scar. It was darker then the rest of her skin and guaranteed to catch eyes immediately.  She wore a silky nightdress that moved in the air.

She opened her door and looked both sides, making sure nobody was awake

She opened her door and looked both sides, making sure nobody was awake. She went barefoot, not bothering to slip on her slippers, plus it made less noise. She was clumsy at night and everything seemed to go against her as she was leaving.

She bumped into the corner of a table and winced at the sharp pain in her hip, she saw the vase begin to fall but she caught it in time and placed it back. She made it to the garden doors without hitting anything.

Her bare feet stepped on the cold wet concrete, it felt refreshing. She sighed as she let the rain fall and pelt her gently. The drops slid down her face and wet the rest of her nightgown. She didn't care, it felt good and relaxed her.

The rain caressed her and made her forget about everything. Lightning flashed and a second later the thunder cracked. She walked in circles her feet making splat noises with each step.

She even jumped in a puddle and splashed it all over her. The water was freezing but it made her sharper and alert, awaking her from her once half asleep state. She closed her eyes and looked to the sky. The pain was still in her neck, throbbing annoyingly but the cold water soothed the pain until she couldn't feel it anymore.

She sat on the bench and ran a hand through her soaking wet hair and sighed. Winter was approaching and quick. It wasn't too cold, about 60 degrees, it was Aqua's favorite temperature.

The water only made the air cooler. She should go back inside before she could catch a cold or fever it would cause more trouble for her sister. Aqua's footsteps splashed water everywhere.

But she didn't get  far. "Well well, what are you doing out here?" Taurus was standing in the doorway. "Uh-um." Aqua couldn't think of a reason. Her hand immediately went to her neck, it was a habit now, to cover it up from other people eyes.

"I wanted to enjoy the rain." She finally said. "I think your the first person I met who actually enjoys rain." Taurus laughed, his hands were tucked into his pockets. "Actually my sister likes rain to." Aqua said. "Aren't you cold?" He asked, ignoring the comment about her sister. "You get used to it." Aqua smiled as she looked at the sky.