Chapter 8

I’m so sorry, guys about the pictures I got for Annabeth’s dresses. I didn’t know that it won’t show when I updated. Sorry. Anyway, the new chapter’s up! Hope you enjoy and thanks for the positive reviews and for all of you who followed and favorite this story of mine. I do hope you’ll keep on reading the story till the end…

Hope you’ll like this chapter, guys!

Enjoy!! XD

Chapter 8

Annabeth’s POV

“Annabeth! Hurry up!! Your mother and father are already here for your family dinner! Are you even ready?!” grandma called from just outside my bedroom door, giving me enough warning to grab a robe nearby to cover myself since I’m not dressed yet.

“Grandma!” I said to her when she opened the door without even knocking.

“Sorry, dear, but you’re not even close to finishing up. I’ll help you okay?” grandma said and without waiting my reply, approached me and lead me towards the mirror and makeup.

“Let’s put on light makeup, yes? So you’ll look blooming… And we’ll just let your hair down. All natural…” grandma said, already getting a hairbrush and started brushing my hair.

“K, grandma. But… could I ask… who are we eating with tonight? And what’s it about? Why do I have to come along?”

Grandma was silent, looking at my eyes through the mirror. Then she sighed.

“Just another rich family,, Annie, dear. And I believe I’m not the person who should tell you what you’re all going to take about tonight. And because you’re coming with them is that… this is going to change your life forever…”

I looked at her, my eyes full of curiosity.

What did she mean ‘this is going to change my life forever’…? I thought.

“Uhh… okay?” that’s all I said.

“Okay, Annie. Makeup’s finished. Show me the dress I picked for you this morning.” Grandma said when she finished putting on my makeup.

I sighed then went the white dress she made me buy this morning…

Flashback

“Annie, dear? I know the dinner’s tonight but I got to prepare you. Can you please show me your dress that you’re going to wear?” grandma said to me. I was by the pool wearing a white bikini and reading a book, as usual. Her voice made me look up.

“Why, grandma? My dress is fine.”

“Then it won’t hurt if I get to see it early. Remember it should be WHITE.”

“Uhh… why white, grandma?”

“Oh, so it’s NOT white. Come on, get dressed.”

“Where we going?”

“To the mall. Let’s find Silena and find you a white dress.” Grandma said, dragging me towards their car.

“To the mall, Roland. Thank you.” Grandma said to the chauffeur before getting inside. The chauffeur nodded and turned on the car and drove to the mall.

“What the matter, grandma? So what if my dress isn’t white? It still looks good. And anyway, if I buy a new dress, it’s just like I’m wasting money.” I said to her.

“Well, Annie, I’m sorry but your parents’ orders. You’re supposed to wear something white. So please cooperate.”

I just sighed and went with the flow…