Chapter 6

Hey, guys!! You know what I told you the previous chapter about it being a Lukabeth chapter? Well… er… I apologize for that. I hope you enjoy this one!

Enjoy!

Chapter 6

Percy’s POV

Next day- April 20

I don’t know what I’ll do… I’m absolutely 100% BORED OUT OF MY MIND…

I’m in my apartment (more like the whole floor of the building my parents own here in Manhattan, which happens to be also the top floor), laying on my bed. I’m sure Thalia and Nico can’t come over. Only God knows what they’re probably doing right now. I can’t call my parents, they’re probably busy. I guess it’s only dad. Mom would probably be home.

That’s it… You’re going to visit her, Jackson… Now, get your ass off the bed and call her…

I followed the orders of my brain and called her.

After a few rings she answered.

ME: HEY, MOM. WHAT’S UP?

MOM: OH, PERCY! I MISS YOU, HONEY. WHEN WILL YOU COME VISIT US?

ME: MAYBE I’LL BE THERE AT ABOUT FIVE OR TEN MINUTES. IS THAT OK?

MOM: WHAT? YOU’RE HERE IN MANHATTAN?! AND YOU NEVER EVEN MENTIONED IT TO ME LAST TIME I CALLED?!

ME:RELAX, MOM. I JUST CAME HERE A COUPLE DAYS BACK. SO CAN I VISIT?

MOM: OF COURSE, DEAR. WE’VE GOT SO MUCH TO TALK ABOUT…

Her tone of voice got me worried… It was her not-so-sure-if-I-should-keep-talking tone… And when she uses that voice… news is coming my way… And sometimes that news never got me happy…

ME: WHY, MOM?  WHAT’S WRONG?

MOM: (LAUGHS) NOTHING, PERCY. WHY DON’T YOU COME HERE QUICK AND WE’LL HAVE A LITTLE CATCHING UP?

I nod. Then I realized mom can’t see it.

ME: K, MOM. LOVE YOU.

MOM: LOVE YOU TOO, PERCE. SEE YA.

Then the call ended.

I quickly grabbed my coat then left the apartment. I was thinking of buying a smoothie first before I walk to my parents’ house.

-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-

“Here you go, sir.” The girl behind the counter said, giving me my smoothie.

“Thanks, here.” I said, paying for the smoothie.

She takes the money then looks at me. Flirting. She winks at me then went back to her work.

I roll my eyes then left.

This is what I don’t like in my branch of work… flirting girls… I thought while walking.

I’m looking at my feet. Because I really don’t like looking at the front because I’m sure someone will just recognize me.

Big mistake today…

BOOGSH!!

I bumped into someone.

I stopped drinking to look at the girl sitting on the sidewalk. She had blonde curly hair, wearing a blue tank top, black skinny jeans and blue converse. A foot away from her was a book. I picked up the book. It was The Lucky One by Nick Sparks. I looked back at the girl then I dropped the book.