Chapter 12

New chapter’s up, guys!! Thanks for the wonderful feedbacks you gave me for the former chapter and I apologize for the wait. My teachers gave me A LOT of projects and luckily, I found the time to write this new chapter.

So…

Enjoy!!

Chapter 12

Percy’s POV

She looked at New York so I couldn’t get to see her tears. She stubbornly wiped them away and sniffed.

“I’m sorry, Percy. I didn’t realize that it still stings when I tell this. It’s just… this is the first time I tell my story from this point. This point where my heartbreak comes in…” she wiped her eyes again and turned to face me, giving me a shy smile.

“It’s okay, Annabeth. Don’t mind me…” I said to her, inching a bit towards her and wrapping an arm around her. She stiffened a little bit and looked at me curiously. I shrugged.

“It’s chilly. Hope you don’t mind.” I said which made her laugh.

“Yeah… ‘Chilly’… nice.” And she laughed again and leaned on my shoulder.

“Do you want to continue?” I asked her.

She shrugged, “I guess. I don’t want to leave you hanging and besides better get this done with than start this again another time. But I don’t know about you. D’you still want to continue?”

“It’s fine by me. Better get it finished tonight than later, right?”

“I guess… So… on with my life…”

And the story continues…

“Let’s see… I never told Luke I loved him, he doesn’t have a clue about it. Even until now. Er… but there’s this one day when it just came crashing down and I was crushed…” she looks at me and I looked back at her, my eyes encouraging her to continue.

She sighed as another tear escaped from her eyes and I wiped it away. She looked away from me and did continue.

“There was this cheerleading competition at Goode. Remember it?” she looked at me, and I nodded slowly.

“Yeah, I think so.”

“Well, this is when it happened. Well… after the competition that is… Luke was with the football team and I was just in the background, observing him.”

“Oh, so little miss spy?” I said to her, wiggling my eyebrows to her. She laughed.

“Yeah, you could say that.”

“Alright, please continue.”

“Well, I was watching Luke instead of the competition and I was just a few… feet away from them. They were cheering and stuff but… my eyes were just on him. He looked great in just a simple black jeans, white v-neck shirt and black snickers. He was laughing, cheering and smiling with the rest. I remember how much I would smile at him as though he’s the only thing I see right there. Which is probably right. Well, I overheard their conversation which is about hanging out in the mall afterwards…”

“Go on…” I encouraged her.

“Don’t worry, Perce. I will.” She smiled at me.

“Because of the information I heard and Luke was going to be there, I decided to go to the mall as well. So after the competition, I went to the mall and started searching for Luke and his guys. I found them in the arcade section of the mall which wasn’t a surprise, by the way. Luke was trying to do this game where you dance in front of the screen, repeating the actions. I watched him in the background and always ended up laughing as he danced. It was just… wow… FUNNY. Then I realized I must’ve been obvious so… I decided to… buy something, a smoothie, maybe, and come back later…”