Chapter 15

Hey, guys!! I'm back!! Let me greet y'all a very merry christmas and a prosperous new year!!

Anyway, let me present you all...

Chapter 15!!

-----------------------------------

Chapter 15

Percy POV

"... I love you..." He said to her...

Annabeth didn't move a muscle as though she was petrified or saw Medusa.

I watched and watched, as though even I was petrified.

Me, Luke, and Annabeth didn't move.

Then Annabeth spoke...

"Oh, Luke... I love you, too..."

And my heart - I still don't know why exactly - felt like it was being held in an iron grip.

I looked up as unexpected tears started welling up in my eyes...

Then...

"But... as a friend... I'm sorry, Luke... I'm getting married... And I think we're better off as friends... Okay?" Annbeth continued.

By now, I wanted to run to them and kiss Annabeth right in front of Luke, and I still don't know why. Instead, I waited again for what Luke's reaction will be...

Fortunately, I waited only for a few seconds.

Unfortunately, he decided to be violent and he was still holding Annabeth.

"Luke, let go." Annabeth said, trying to keep her calm.

"No." Luke replied.

"P-please. Let go." her voice started to crack.

"No."

Luke's hands travelled up from her hands to her arms, which I know has a tight hold just by looking at Annabeth's face.

I couldn't handle it anymore, I went in.

"Dude, not cool. Let go of her." I said.

But Luke just looked at me then back at Annabeth.

"Is he your fiance? The fucking Percy Jackson?!" he asked her.

She looked at me with a 'what-are-you-doing?' look and I replied with an 'I-don't-know' look.

Yeah cause I really don't know what I'm doing...

She looked back at Luke but still didn't answer. Luke must've gotten his answer because his grip just tightened and Annabeth let out a soft whimper.

"Let her go, Luke." I said to him.

"And why should I? Annabeth, you deserve to be with me. Annabeth, you two aren't meant to be together."

"And how the hell d'you think you know about our freaking lives?!" I think he hit a nerve because Annabeth started fuming.

"Because, I know. You don't deserve him, Annabeth. You're meant for me."

"What I think, Castellan, is we're better off as friends. I did love you like that, Luke, but it was in high school. I'm getting married now and you can't do anything to change it. I'm sorry. Now, will you kindly let me go." Annabeth said with her voice calm but has a tinge of anger and annoyance.

Luke hesitantly let her go.

"Thanks. Now, come on, Percy.We're going home." she said to me before pulling me.