32

I'm in Dallas Texas where I grew up with my parents on a farm. My parents owned a farm about 3km from town. It's my first time I've been back here since I was fifteen.

The sun is shining into my hotel room and I look out the window to see a clear blue sky. It's going to be a beautiful day. I look at the time and I realise I have an hour and a half to spare before I need to go to the lawyer's office.

Noah rolls over and wraps his arms around me. "Good morning, baby."

"Morning, what do want for breakfast?"

"Let's go to a diner. I've wanted to always eat in one those."

I laugh. "I can't believe you've never eaten at a diner."

He shakes his head. "Mum and Dad always took us to fancy restaurants all the time."

"My family are rich and we spent most of our time in diners and eating pizza. I never liked eating the fancy garbage."

I walk over to the cupboard and change into a pair of jeans and a t-shirt.

***

At the Diner

I pull the car into the parking lot of trinity's diner. Noah and I step out of the car and make our way to the diner. In the diner Noah and I look for a table.

The Waitress smiles. "Take a seat I'll be with you in a moment."

"Thanks."

Noah and I look for a table we find one in the far corner away from prying eyes. In this small town everyone knows everybody's business.

I hate this town. I hope they don't recognise me.

The waitress walks over. "What can I get ya'll?"

Noah closes the menu and gives it to her. "I'll have the pigs in a blanket and a coffee."

"Pancakes bacon pieces and then orange juice." I shut the menu. "Oh and toast please."

Noah looks at me.

I shrug. "What? I'm eating for 3." I touch my stomach.

He laughs. "You look hot."

I smile. "Thanks, honey."

The waitress returns with our food. She looks at me. "You look familiar. Did you grow up around here?"

Here goes my identity.

"Yeah, I'm here for the funeral."