11

Noah and I are shown to Ashley, Harley and Gisele's room.

The nurse opens the door for us.

I can't move anymore. It feels like my feet are glued to the floor as I look into the room at my children.

I can't go on in there.

Noah looks at me. "Amelia, they need us."

I nod.

He walks over to me and puts his arm around my shoulder.

I breathe in his musk cologne.

He whispers in my ear. "Are you ready?"

I nod. "Okay!" I whisper.

When we walk into the room I can see IV tubes in my kid's arms. Ashley has a heart machine hooked up.

I fall against Noah. I look at him with tears in my eyes.

He kisses my forehead. "You're not alone. Please, remember that, Amelia."

I give him weak smile.

There's a chair between Harley and Ashley that I take. Noah sits between Harley and Gisele.

Ashley looks small in this bed.

I take her hand. "Hey, Princess. It's Mummy. Can you please open those gorgeous hazel eyes for me?"

Beep ... Beep ... Beep...

I really hate that machine.

Placing my head on the bed I watch Ashley.

"Amelia?"

I turn to him. "Yeah, Noah?"

"Will you ever be able to forgive?"

I sigh and walk over to Noah. I touch his face and make him look at me. "This isn't your fault, Noah. You need to stop beating yourself up about it."

"You're saying this now. What if you change your mind when we're out of this room?"

A nurse walks into the room. "Miss Daniels, Officer Collins wants to see you. Callie is also here."

"Thank you," I say. "Tell them I'll be right with them."

"Okay," the nurse walks out of the room.

"I won't change my mind, Noah." I walk out the door.