10

UNKNOWN POV

My sister pulls her car in front of the house and she walks in. "Pack your bags we are moving. I found a doctor that wants to give you experimental drugs for your Cancer."

I love my sister.

I run to my room and pack my bags. Once I have everything I need for the move I meet her in the car.

That's not my sister's car. Where is her car?

She pulls the window down. "Get in the car. We have an errand to do before we go to Seattle."

I climb into the car. "What's the errand?"

She smiles. "I have to pick up my Exes kids for him."

My sister pulls the car onto the road and she drives towards the primary school. She parks the car.

A boy opens the door. He lets his sister climb into the car first. She sits in her seat. The boy and another girl sit in the backseat the last girl closes the door and my sister locks the door.

My sister turns around to the kids.

"Where's Mummy?" The girl behind me says.

"She not coming for you. She's dead." The kids cry.

I turn to my sister.

She shrugs. "What?" My sister buckles the kids into their seats. She pulls onto the road and she runs a red light.

There's a sickening crash against my side of the door and I hit my head against the dashboard and everything goes black.

***

Amelia

Ashley is the only one I can see as her body is lifted out of the car wreck. Her beautiful hazel eyes are closed, her face is pale, and blood cakes her beautiful thin blonde hair. When she's placed on the stretcher she looks small and fragile.

My poor princess.

I feel tears stream down my face as I watch the scene unfold in front of me.

I yell. "Ashley." even though I know she won't respond to me.

The police officer standing next to me, look down at me. "Do you know those kids?"

Of course I know those damn kids they're mine.

"Yeah, I know them. They're my children."

He shakes his head. "The lady in the car said they are her kids. Her name is Paula Cross."

I scoff. "She's the crazy girlfriend of my Ex Husband, Noah Cross. You should call him."