1.BestFriends

Alyea's POV

"Beep! Beep!"

I heard the engine of my best friend's, Kira, black Lamborghini pull up in my driveway.

Kira has been my best friend since...well forever. She's my partner in crime, my everything. If something's wrong with me I can always go to her.

I was just finished in the shower when she came walking in my room.

"Babe, let's go, and I got you some- Whoa..." she said as she saw me only in a towel with my damp long dark brown hair in my face.

I turning around and blushed as I remembered that she's never seen me like this before. I then threw my brush at her and told her to get out, but she's faster than me, so she just caught the brush and laid on my bed.

"Stubborn..." I mutter under my breath.

"I heard that" Kira then said as she leaned against my headboard.

"Dude, I have to change, get out!"

"Dude am not going to watch you, I'm not a freaking pervert you know" she answered back.

I rolled my blue eyes and shook my head then continued getting dressed.

Kira was a hybrid of a witch, werewolf and vampire while I was a just a vampire. She had brown hair, a little lighter than mine that reached her mid back. Mine reached my waist. She was also taller than me, which was pretty annoying since she would pick on me for being short.

I wasn't that short.

When I was finished dressing, I turned around and saw that my best friend was sleeping.

I was about to wake her up with a wicked scream, when I looked at how adorable she looked when she was asleep.

I will admit that I have a secret crush on her. Don't judge me, if you saw her you would too, with her godlike perfect features and abnormal purple eyes.

I let out a dreamy sigh.

A black box on my nightstand caught my attention. I picked it up and examined in it. It had my name encrusted in gold on the top written in fancy cursive writing.

Part of me thought it was an engagement ring. Which I wouldn't mind if she proposed to me. But that was ridiculous, 'cause 1) we're only seventeen (at least we look seventeen, we're a lot older than we look. We are at least three hundred years) and 2) she probably doesn't even like me back.

I opened it slowly, out of pure curiosity, to find a gold ring, a real gold ring carved into an infinity sign outlined with diamonds and "Best Friend" written into the inside of the ring.

It was beautiful, I've never see anything like it before. As I opened the box wider, I saw a little paper saying 'To you mami, I love you', written in her perfect handwriting.

I started smiling so wide that I thought my cheeks were going to split open. I took out the ring and tried it on, it still looked beautiful against my olive skin.

Then I looked at Kira's hands and saw that she had on a silver ring that looked just like mine.

I wonder if that-

My trend of thought was cut short by Kira's loud yawn. She sat up and saw the ring on my finger and smiled, I smiled back, captivated by her beautiful smile.

"I was going to give that too you, but I see that you have it already," she said, smirking.

Exiting my house we past my empty kitchen. My house is decent not that big always well kept by our maid. My parents are always out early for work because they work at least 2 hours away from where we live. It's understandable but it gets really lonely at times.

We made our way outside and hopped into her car and was off to school, listening to G Eazy, my first love, on the radio.

There is something no one, not even Kira, knows about me. It would be the end of me if anyone found out.