thirteen

[kate]
I felt two arms grab me and cover my mouth.
I tried to scream as loud as I could, but I could only scream for a split second before my mouth had been duct taped shut. I was thrown into the back of a van. I hit my head on something and then everything went black.
[jack]
I tried to scream, but I had no time before someone duct taped my mouth shut and threw me into the back of a van. I was thrown into Kate who's eyes were closed and  wasn't moving.
I shut my eyes.
Someone came into the back and took my arms in the front of me and put something around them.
My mind was blank. I couldn't process what was happening.
"They're both knocked out." I heard a female voice.
"Perfect." A male voice said.
A door closed and I opened my eyes.
They had put zip ties around my wrists and legs.
I looked to my sister. She was still on the floor, she seemed unconscious.
I remember from my parents showing me when I was younger if I had ever been kidnapped and had something around your wrists, like zip ties, then you have to lift your arms above your head and pull down and they'll break.
I didn't think I'd ever have to test it until now.
I lifted my arms above my head and threw my arms down onto my waist breaking the zip ties around my wrists. Then, I ripped the duct tape off of my mouth.
Ouch.
I tried to take the ties off from my ankles, but I couldn't right now because my arms were shaking way too much.
I looked at my sister. I tried to shake her awake, nothing.
My heart was beating out of my chest, then I remembered I had my phone.
I checked my pocket, but it wasn't in there. It must have fallen out when I was snatched.
I tried to calm myself down, but that's pretty much impossible when you have no idea where you are, where you're going, or who you're even in a car with.
Maybe this is an April fools joke. Yeah, maybe this is all a huge joke. A huge awful joke. A joke. Just a joke.
[ethan]
"Gray c'mon, we have to pick Jack and Kate up!" I yelled up the stairs.
"I'm coming, I'm coming." He said.
"What time do we need to be there?" He asked.
"He said 2:30, were late." I said.
"Okay, okay I'll be down in one sec." He said.
Grayson took about five minutes before he was downstairs.
"They're going to be so pissed at us." I said to Grayson while I grabbed the keys.
"They can wait." He said.
"They're waiting in the cold right now. You don't think they're going to be the slightest bit angry." I said.
We walked out to the jeep. The school is about five minutes away. The quads could walk there, but they would have to cross one of the busiest streets in the state, so our parents don't want to risk them getting hit by a car.
"I'll call Jack and tell him that were on our way." Grayson said and pulled his phone out of his back pocket.
We waited a few seconds, no answer.
"He didn't answer?" I asked.
"Guess not." Grayson said.
"That's weird." I said.
"It is April fools day, maybe he's setting something up." Grayson said.
"We're picking them up on the corner off of the school, right?" He asked me
"Yup." I said.
I pulled up to the corner, but nobody was there.
"E, are you sure that were picking them up here?" He asked me.
"Yes I'm sure, look at the texts." I said shoving my phone in his face.
--
Hey Eth can you guys pick me and Kate up from school around 2:30 on the corner off of the school?
--
"Where are they then?" Grayson asked.
We parked on the side of the street.
"Jack? Kate?" Grayson yelled.
I walked over to the curb and saw something on the ground. I could feel my heart beating out of my chest.
Jack's phone.
"Gray." I said calling him over with my voice uneasy.
Grayson came over to me.
"That's Jack's phone." I picked it up.
"You don't think..." Grayson trailed off.
I gulped.
"No...no this can't happen. This wouldn't happen. They couldn't have been..." I said with my mind thinking all different things.
A car started to come down the street way that comes out of the kids school. We got the persons attention.
They rolled down their window, it happened to be Mr. Benson, our teacher from eighth grade.
"Hey Ethan, Grayson. How are you guys?" He asked with a smile on his face.
"Hey Mr. Benson." I said.
"I just had to keep Jack and Kate to take a test, are you guys picking them up?" He asked.
"Well we were supposed to, but we can't find them. We just found Jack's phone on the side walk and we're kind of sketched out. You haven't seen them after you let them go? Did you?" Grayson said scratching his neck.
"No, I haven't seen them." He said grasping his steering wheel.
"I'm sorry, if I see them I'll be sure to contact you guys." He said and drive away.
"Gray, we need to call someone." I said.
"Mom or 911?" He asked.
"911, I think they were kidnapped." I said.
I cringed at the word.
Kidnapped.
I took my phone out of my pocket and dialed 911.
"Hello 911, what is your emergency?" A lady greeted.
"Hi, my name is Ethan Dolan." I started.
"My brother and I went to go pick out younger brother and sister from school and when we got there, they weren't there. We found our brothers phone on the sidewalk. We're afraid that they were kidnapped." I said.
"Okay sir, how long has it been since you last heard from them?" The lady asked.
I checked my phone.
"About 15, 20 minutes." I said.
"I'm going to send a police officer over, where is your location?" She asked.
"LongValley Middle School." I said.
"An officer should be there in a few minutes." She said and hung up.
I was shook.