051: Quildor

Agonizing pain filled Quildor's head, but he knew of the core breach. He knew what Nimiane had done. The scepter of power had been taken from him. With it, he had controlled people and elements. He could force Taan and Galantyne to give Etrusia and Aquaria to him.

He glanced over to the door that led through to the safe room, it was open, Nimiane had fled.

He yelled her name: thundering it throughout his castle. Even without the scepter, he was powerful. He lifted one hand and stretched his mind toward the castle walls. His room shattered, rock, stone, mortar, glass, metal and timber collapsed. Guards flew in different directions, embedded with shards of stone and rubble. He stood. This is why men feared him, he had the ability to destroy.

"Nimiane!" He knew of no way to retrieve her or what she had stolen. Only one thing might hold her. "I have your son! I swear I will kill him if you do not appear before me. I will do what I have said, wife! Your son, for your scepter once again! Your choice!"

Quildor stood, a clear view of the destruction at his feet. His mind magic -- a little understood adaptation to the planet-- was the strongest thing he had. He cared not where it came from, only that it honored his wishes. He reached forth a hand once again and in another second the outlying buildings surrounding the castle shattered. 

His malicious gaze roamed through the devastation into the night attacking each and every light in its path. Rough-hewn timber splintered into thousands of shards, glass and tiles burst. Shrieking noises filled the air as Quildor vented his rage. 

He felt the rush of it seize him, as he whirled once again to the rooms, with a raise of his hand his bed flew against the far wall, his tables and chairs splintered. Lights went out, as men came running, and Quildor sent them flying in pieces back the way they had come.

The power was heady, it wanted him as much as he wanted it!

He exited his room, kicking the head of a guardsman, using his sword to sever the arm and chest of another already down. He yelled Nimiane's name. Then turned to Adara's rooms.

He shoved his arms wide, crumpling walls and anything that stood in his way. Before him, lay the ruins of Adara's chambers, her body twisted insanely on the carpet, to the side, the empty waste of the room that had once housed his treasure, the Princess of Aquaria, his leverage. Gone!

His eyes blood-red in rage, stared around in mounting horror. His gaze bore through the adjoining walls and pierced through till it ascertained Ondrea's chambers, the vial magic was still in place along the perimeter except in the one place Nimiane could change what he and Adara had done to keep Ondrea from escape. The roof of the room was gone, as was his last hope.

Quildor stood inside the ruins of his castle, his eyes blazing in fury. His plans, his perfect hope had lain in the fact that each of his treasures afforded him another security for destroying Taan and Belakane's hold on the tri-realms. Without these three....Adara, Ondrea, and the Princess what did he have?

******

Evian approached Port Aquaria, asking for immediate audience with the King. The Aquarian port opened its secure gates and admitted the two small shuttle craft. As soon as they docked, the boys rushed through the halls till they arrived at the King's chambers, and with a short knock, Lailoken entered, not waiting for permission. Faherdin closed the doors in the faces of the guards who had rushed after them, shouting warnings and concerns in their wake. Evian, dressed in a hazard suit, pulled Conn and Tylar who were panting with exertion.

Taan's bushy eyebrows lowered in anger at this unprecedented intrusion. 

"What is the meaning of this intrusion!"