Chapter 43: World Known

Kai's POV. ( a filler thing , so read carefully. Any questions? Ask here)

"Our plan is set!" HWR hissed, seated by the meeting table with Ember and I. I knew all along she was alive. HWR has come and threatened me.

He told me that I was destined for great things. He said he knew that I knew Ember was still alive. Then, he told me that if I wasn't careful and didn't do anything he said, he would hurt the ninja. He said he had a plan already in place and all he had to do was press a button.

Did I believe him? No. But when someone like him says something like that, would you risk it?

It surprised me though, because I was supposed to fake my anger at the minions when they interrupted us at Embers grave, but I actually burnt down a whole forest.

I was actually mad.

The burning of the forest was so easy. The power was at my finger tips. It literally was a movement of my fingers. I felt so powerful. It was all HWR's fault.

Sensei was scared, I'll tell you that. He didn't know what was happening so he taught me the dark way. I wanted to tell him not too, but HWR forced it out of me and told me I had to learn the dark ways.

So I tried to do it so that I would stay good, just using evil ways. But the more I did it, the more I realized that I wanted to hurt and harm my friends. I thought I was better than them. How could Jay date my sister? She deserved better. Zane is just a tin can with a Google in him. Cole is a ghost who could die if he spilt water while drinking it. Lloyd is a young naive boy with a little to much Tomorrow Tea in his system, mistaken as the Green Ninja.

Foolishness.

I wanted to rule.

I was better than them. All of them.

But I realized how wrong that was. How could I say such things to my friends? My brothers?

So I quit. I pretended I was learning. I convinced Sensei. And HWR by randomly burning empty buildings in Ninjago. What did you think Sensei was doing in Ninjago all that time?

Ember and I met secretly a few times. She asked how everything was going at home, but I know she didn't really care. She was transformed. She was turning worse by the days. There were hours she was herself, and then in seconds, she was gone. And now, it's seconds she's there and hours she's gone. She's not Cookie, our friend. She's Ember, the enemy.

I convinced HWR to move his plan forward a few weeks. I couldn't risk Ember to truly turn evil. Every once in a while she goes back to her true self, but then the anger comes back and she tries to get information out of me. It's torque to watch one of your best friends like that.

That's why I'm happy I have this problem and not Lloyd.

"We got them in a trap!" Ember cackled. She froze, looking confused and her usually two different blue eyes came through the two different colored evil eyes for a second, before she shook her head, trying to clear it. Cookie was here. And then the Ember came back. "They all ended up in the room."

"Yes," I evil laughed, pretending to be happy. We watched the video on the screen in front of us.

Lloyd was spinning the broken chains around his head. Cole was nowhere in sight. The rest of the ninja were pacing while Jay tried to do something with the door controls, connecting Zane to them and pressing a few buttons.