sixteen.

When Demi exited her closet again, fully dressed and ready for whatever the day had for her, it was already lunch time. Wilmer had dropped Nolie back off at the house after a brief conversation with Joe, and they were both downstairs with Sophie trying to find something to cook for lunch. Demi walked down the stairs and stopped at the scene in the kitchen, Joe singing along to whatever was playing through the speakers with the two girls dancing around him. She found herself smiling at the comforting scene, it somehow reminding her of this morning, and she let her fingers leave a ghostly trail across her lips before they all spotted her.

"MOMMY!" Nolie ran over and threw herself at Demi who graciously accepted her, kissing the top of her head and smoothing down her wild hair as tears rushed down her plump cheeks.

"You're not gonna leave again, are you?" Nolie questioned, pulling away with a tiny pout on her lips that Demi knew she used whenever she wanted to get something.

"No I'm not going anywhere," she kissed her forehead again as Nolie breathed out a sigh of relief, and Joe went to get the door. Sophie sat at the island, still bobbing her head along to the music, but she soon stopped as Joe came back into the kitchen with Blanda right behind him.

"Mom!" Sophie turned and opened her arms, waiting for her mom to accept her hug. Blanda smiled and let her hug her legs, not even bothering to pick her up or anything like the little girl obviously wanted.

"Thanks for keeping her for me," Blanda thanked with a sultry smirk, leaning over the island towards Joe who was still busy preparing lunch.

"Blanda, she's my kid too," he uneasily glanced at Demi before he let his eyes land on Blanda again, who was toying with the Chanel necklace clasped around her long neck.

"I know, it's just that, I know things have been really hard and busy since Demi's little accident, and I couldn't thank you enough," Blanda let a pout settle on her lips as Demi set Nolie down and raised her eyebrows at Blanda.

"Thanks for coming to pick her up, Blanda. However, today is kind of a family day and you're kind of interrupting. Have a good rest of the day, hope I won't see you soon," Demi gestured to the foyer, wondering how Maria never got upset when Demi came over to her house, seeking Wilmer's comfort. It was obvious that whatever Blanda and Joe had wasn't squashed in the dirt, not that she had high expectations that it would be, because of the whole love child situation, but she thought that Blanda would at least know her boundaries.

"Whatever, I hope you get better soon," she looked her up and down before turning to Joe and flashing him a smile, "thanks again."

"Nolie, sweetie, you should go pick out the movie that we're gonna watch during lunch," Demi suggested as Nolie eagerly nodded and ran into the theater as Demi turned to Joe and combed her fingers through her long hair.

"I like this song," it was an old song, back from when they weren't even dating, by One Direction. Joe shuddered, briefly remembering that period of time when Demi constantly got asked about Niall and their rumored fling that never actually happened.

"Dance with me," he was distracting her, and he knew it, they both knew it, and Demi wasn't in the mood to fight so she just played along. The song was being sung acoustically, so Joe wrapped one arm around her waist, and intertwined their free hands.

Maybe it's the way he walked

Straight into my heart and stole it

Through the doors and past the guards

Just like he already owned it

Demi rested her head on Joe's chest and closed her eyes, feeling like she was being pulled away, pulled into the past. And suddenly Best Song Ever wasn't playing anymore. And they weren't in their kitchen anymore. They were in a ballroom, she was wearing a wedding dress, as far as she could tell, and he was in a tuxedo. Her hair was pulled up, and she had white gloves on. And there was a circular crowd of people watching them.

The day we met

Frozen I held my breath, right from the start

I knew that I found the home for my heart beats fast colors and promises

How to be brave? How can I love when I'm afraid to fall?

But watching you stand alone

All of my doubt suddenly goes away somehow

One step closer...

I have died everyday waiting for you

Darling don't be afraid I have love you

For a thousand years, I'll love you for a thousand more

Demi felt tears streaming down her cheeks, and Joe gently squeezed her waist, reassuring her that he was there, and he always was gonna be there, and he wouldn't leave her like last time. People circled around them smiled and awed as they twirled to the song, keeping each other as close as possible. Until Demi opened her eyes and they were back in the kitchen again, and she was in leggings and a sweater, and her hair was down, and she still had amnesia.

You know I know you know I'll remember you

I know you know I hope you remember

How we danced all night to the best song ever

We knew every line now I can't remember

How it goes but I know that I won't forget us

And we danced all night to the best song ever

"Joe?" she shakily questioned, stepping back a bit so that she could get a clear view of his face. "What was the song that we had our first dance to...at our wedding?"

Joe furrowed his eyebrows, but not because he had forgotten, because he was confused why she had asked that all of the sudden. "A Thousand Years Part Two because you said dancing to part one would be too cliché," he chuckled as she nodded and wrapped her arms back around him, inhaling his scent and rocking back and forth with him in her arms.

"Why? What's wrong?" he asked as Demi shook her head and wiped away the few tears that she had.

"Nothing, just hold me."

Its short and I didn't get lots of feedback on the last one but HAPPY THANKSGIVING!