twenty two.

Her morning sickness was supposed to be gone. She was almost nine months pregnant, Aiden would be with them in two weeks, yet there she was, hunched over the porcelain toilet bowl in her bathroom, desperately clutching the sides of the toilet as everything that she had ingested in the past few hours came back up, and splashed into the toilet. She pulled her head up, but quickly pushed it back in as her stomach twisted, and the acid rose in her throat. She didn't know what was wrong with her, and she didn't want to believe that something bad was gonna happen to her or Aiden, but she just didn't have a good feeling in the pit of her stomach, and it wasn't because of the bile constantly rising up her throat.

"Mommy what's wrong?" Nolie ran into the bathroom in her pink onesie with her hair piled on top of her head, but Demi shooed her away.

"I don't want you to get sick," Demi waved her hand in the direction of the door and Nolie pouted before Demi heard the pitter patter of her tiny feet smacking against the tile floor.

"Demi, what's wrong?" Joe came in next, and Demi shook her head before flushing the toilet. She wiped the back of her mouth with her hand and slouched down on the bathroom floor as hot tears rushed down her plump cheeks.

"Something's not right," she choked out, pressing her hand on her hard bump. Aiden wasn't kicking. He had been still for a while, and Demi just assumed that he was sleeping, but what if he wasn't?

"You want me to take you to the doctors?" it was her baby shower today, and they were supposed to be getting ready, but the health of her and his son was much more important than some estrogen infested party.

"I don't know what to do," she whimpered, realizing how helpless she truly was in the situation. Had she given birth to Nolie? Yes. Did she remember it? No. Joe had said that it hadn't exactly been a walk in the park, and from the way that everyone else had described it, she could believe him. What if it wasn't any different with Aiden? How was she supposed to cope with giving birth to him if she couldn't even remember giving birth to Nolie?

"Oh God," she breathed out before she was on her knees again, her empty stomach retching as Joe pulled her hair out of her face and rubbed her back. Demi opened her eyes as she felt a familiarly rusty taste in her mouth. She looked down at the toilet and saw that it was blood red.

"We need to go to the hospital," Demi turned towards him, and he saw the red blood tainting her lips, and he nodded before flushing the toilet and letting her rest against the bath tub.

"Nolie!" he called, running out of the bathroom and into the closet to grab Demi's shoes. Nolie came running back in and he quickly told her to get her boots before he entered the bathroom again and slipped Demi's Uggs onto her feet.

"You're gonna be okay," he whispered, wetting a towel to wipe her flushed face and her blood covered mouth as she faintly nodded, placing her hand on her stomach again. Still no movement.

"He's gonna be okay," she knew it was supposed to be assuring to her, but it sounded like he was only reassuring himself.

"We're gonna be okay," he helped her up and wrapped his arms around her as they exited the bathroom. He slipped on his own shoes as Nolie came back into their room with her boots on and she ran down the stairs ahead of them.

"Nolie, come help mommy out to the car while I go start it," he instructed as Nolie nodded and ran back to her mom, tightly grasping her hand and leading her out to the car.

"Are you okay?" Nolie whispered, craning her neck to look at her mom. Her face was paler than usual, and her lips were too red for her to not even be wearing lip gloss.

"Yeah, I'm fine, don't worry," Demi kept her free hand on her stomach as they entered the garage. Joe was there, by the Mercedes, helping her up into her seat and buckling her in before he did the same for Nolie.