Chapter [3]

[Edited]

"What?" Blake and Xander asked im unison with equally shocked expressions and wide eyes.

"You heard me." She stated, wiping her eyes as she tried to fight off the tears that had built up.

Xander opened and closed his mouth multiple times like a fish. "You were kidnapped?" He finally asked. She weakly nodded, her hair falling in front of her face as she turned her face towards the floor.

"Thats where you were for these past years." Xander whispered to himself. His hands shook as he shook his head to and fro with an unreadable look plastered on his face.

Blake blinked a few times, coming out of his thoughts and pulling her into his chest, him and his wolf both wanting to comfort his mate.

She pulled away slightly, placing her hands on her mates chest. Time to come clean.

"I was kidnapped by hunters. I was there for five years. After I escaped eight months ago, I was too afraid to come back to our pack. I was broken." I still am. She silently added.

"Why didn't you tell me this immediately?" Blake asked her, trying to hide the pain in his voice like how she hide this huge secret.

"Because, I didn't want pity. I still don't." She replied.

Blake sighed, running a tired hand through his hair before pulling her closer into her chest. Closer. He could never have her too close.

Her small from fit perfectly with his larger one, like they were made to be. They were made to be.

Xander cleared his throat from behind them, not at all in a awkward, third wheeling kinda way. By the way, that was sarcasm, if you didn't catch the drift.

Zara wiped her hot tears away with the palm of her hand and gave her long lost best friend the best, shake-y smile she could.

"I'm sorry," Xander said. The look in his eyes could make someone forgive him for murder.

Zara crawled out of her mates arms and ran into Xander's chest, wrapping her arms tightly around him and ignoring her mates possessive growl from behind them.

"Its fine." She said, throwing her hands around to make her statement.

Xander chuckled a little. "Thanks." He smiled with tears still running down his cheeks, and pulled away from their embrace.

"I'm going to sleep." She said, turning her tone a bit groggy for her great escape. Without waiting for anyone's responses she turned away from the boys and sprinted away, up the stairs,
and into their bedroom. Their being; Blake and Zara's.

Falling onto the bed and pulling the sheets up to her chin, she let her tears fall.

It was supposed to be a secret.

Ash didn't like keeping secrets from her mate, but she knew just as well as Zara that it would be quite wise not to mention it.

But Zara didn't want them to find out now, or ever for that matter. She knew secrets aren't good for relationships because being in a relationship without trust can be like a car without gas, you can be in it as long as you please but is never going anywhere, but she wanted to start over and she definitely didn't want her mate to find out anytime soon.