jumin ✧ neko atsume

– jumin x reader
– word count; 799

[🌥🐈📱]

tapping the app on his phone, a small smile spread across jumin's face.

he was currently on holiday taking time off work (basically making jaehee replace him) for a couple of days to spend time with you... but that definitely wasn't happening at the moment.

jumin had caught you playing a game on your phone called neko atsume, and ever since you explained the whole concept to him - he's been hooked.

walking into the room, you let out a small and soft sigh. of course, jumin's eyes were glued to his screen.

'what else would he be doing? spending time with me - his girlfriend? pft, don't be ridiculous.'

without saying a word, you sat on the sofa next to your boyfriend and rested your head on his shoulder, peering over to see what he was doing on his phone.

'neko atsume, wow! he's never on that.' your sarcastic thoughts were beginning to irritate you because of how true they were.

jumin tapped away at the game, refilling the cat's food bowls with frisky bitz and taking several photos of his new arrival cats.

"jumin, what cats have you got so far?" you asked, trying to seem the tiniestbit interested in his new obsession.

you saw him smile at his phone slightly before opening up a 'catbook' with photos and descriptions of each cat that had visited.

"well, i actually name them all. so this is luciel..." he started, clicking on a picture of a red cat with white mitts.

jumin continued to show you all of the rfa members as cats. yoosung was an orange and white tabby with a spacey personality, jaehee was a diligent tuxedo cat... he had even made zen a cat who was white with black patches and a lonely personality; this particular cat made you chuckle lightly. of course, elizabeth the third also had an in game cat: a solid white feline with a mellow personality.

jumin had even made himself a cat, one which was grey and white with the personality of expensive taste.

'ah, that one was painfully accurate.'

"don't i have a cat?" you pouted, unable to see your name amongst the many cats jumin had collected.

he stayed silent for a moment, before opening his mouth to reply. "no, you don't."

it was odd, but you felt slightly disheartened that your boyfriend hadn't named a virtual cat after you...

unable to continue your sulking, jumin spoke up again. "not yet, anyway."

"huh? what do you mean?" you asked, your discouraged face turning into a puzzled one.

"do you know why i play this game so much?" jumin questioned, turning his head to face yours.

"because you're an ailurophile?" you swiftly answered, laughing under your breath a bit.

"an ailurophile? no- well, yes... but that's not the main reason."

he took your hand in his and stared deep into your [e/c] eyes, you gazing back into his black ones.

"i wanted to get a really rare cat and name it after you."

illogically, your face started to heat up slightly. 'is this really my standards of romance? yes, i guess it is.'

"she's called ms. fortune and she'll only come if you place a cardboard house..." he begun to explain. "she's gold with a charismatic personality. she reminded me so much of you... that i was just really determined to get her."

jumin had just thrown a lot of information at you, and you didn't even understand half of it. but, you did get the impression that he really did seem to care about you (in a weird way), which made a tiny smile creep up onto your face.

"i'm sorry for not spending much time with you because of this game, i'm all yours now."

"firstly, that's ok. secondly, thank you." smiling even wider, you brought jumin into a giant hug. "but please come to bed now, alright?"

jumin hummed a small 'yes' before locking his phone and coming to bed with you.

'maybe getting him into this game wasn't such a bad thing after all.'

[🌥🐈📱]

bonus section:

[707, yoosung★, ZEN, y/n]

y/n: ...so that's what happened. he wanted to name a rare cat over me.

ZEN: that's his idea of romance? tch, stupid trustfund kid.

yoosung: who knew jumin could be so romantic!?

ZEN:

707: being named after a cat is an honour, but a rare one at that is a great honour!!

ZEN: come talk to me again once you realise what actual romance is.

[ZEN has left the chatroom.]

yoosung: come talk to us when you realise how big of an honour this is!!

yoosung: oh... he left ‧º·(˚ ˃̣̣̥⌓˂̣̣̥ )‧º·˚

707: awh... my little baby is crying

yoosung: seven... T_T

[yoosung★ has left the chatroom.]

[707 has left the chatroom.]

y/n: ...

[💾 save & exit]

– a/n; i really like to believe that jumin is addicted to neko atsume