7. EMBRACING THE LIGHT

Dedicated to Raidriar93

Drew and Sarah worked long into the night, pulling together all the information they could remember from various sources back home. Sarah even had the foresight to bring a couple of books on Warcraft too. Together they cooked up a plan that would hopefully bring them closer to locating the Betrayer.

Most of it of course, was based purely on supposition as Sarah reminded Drew that the Azeroth they now inhabited was already removed from Blizzard's plot. It had, in effect, become an alternate universe. The trick would be balancing the recognisable with the utterly new. They just hoped the path they were going to travel would prove fruitful.

Sarah also stressed to Drew, that bloodshed here was very real indeed. She was trying her best to prepare him for what he would see. In order to do that she had to remember and describe the sheer magnitude of tragic losses at the battle in Goldshire. On one hand it was still all so surreal to him, but on the other, he had his friend passionately telling him about the horrors that may await them. He listened respectfully. Her sincerity and categorical account of what she had bore witness to started to sink in. The realisation of which also heralded a perspicuous indication of what lay ahead.

Without coming across as patronising she also made him aware of some subtle differences to the game. There was no Mass Res or even singular res. Once someone passed, they were gone. Period. Only the dark art of necromancy could create regenerated semblences of those who had once lived. The druidic, shamanistic and priestly abilities for healing were, thankfully, pretty accurate and an absolute necessity in battle.

Demon hunters were indescribably strong and fast and they could actually fly considerable distances. She suppressed a smirk as she remembered her first experience of that particular method of travel. Druids could shapeshift, though she warned him, it was not exactly as fluid nor painless as portrayed in-game or in the film. If you stood near them, you would hear their bones breaking and muscles tearing as they went through the transformation. That also went for worgens, she informed him. He flinched at the very thought of them all writhing in agony.

Eventually, they decided they had put off enough time delaying the inevitable. Telling Erik of their plan. They would however need a few hours shut-eye, and after bidding each other goodnight with a hug, Drew vacated Sarah's room and headed back along the hall to the one Erik had assigned him. The dwarf was already snoring in the living room in an armchair, feet perched on the foot stool.

 The dwarf was already snoring in the living room in an armchair, feet perched on the foot stool