Chapter 23

[Tsubaki's POV]

I woke up in someone's arms. I was about to jump up but then realized that it was Kousei. That explains why this person was so soft. I giggled at the long strand of his hair that fell onto my forehead and ticked me. "Kousei wake up" I said shaking him lightly. No response. "Wake up Kousei" I said shaking him with a little more force.

That's it...

"WAKE UP YOU DUMMY!"

Kousei jolted up and hit his head in the process. "Ow!" he whimpered. I shook my head and crawled out, Kousei following behind. We both took a deep breath and stretched. "I had a long night" Kousei spoke aloud before coughing. I realized that I was still wearing his jacket and stiffened up. "Here" I said taking it off and giving it to him. "You need it more than me." Kousei sighed and shrugged me off. "I'm fine" he obviously lied. I made a face at him and he immediately took it and put it on. "Happy now?" He asked sounding annoyed and I nodded.

The ground was still wet and there seemed to be a lot of fog everywhere. "We better get home before my mom freaks out" I told him. "I think it's too late for that" he said smirking. He then took my hand and we began running home. "I hope she doesn't kill us."

***
"I'M GONNA KILL YOU TWO!" My loving mother screamed as we walked through the door. "Mom there was a storm. It was so bad that we couldn't go home" I explained. "Yeah right. You guys just wanted alone time. That's why none of you answered your phones." Kousei and I gasped. "That's not the case at all!" Kousei and I said in sync. She furrowed her eyebrows. Then she sighed. "Okay. I'm going to believe you this one time. I should be able to trust you guys" she said with a weak smile. Kousei and I both nodded.

"Anyways..." I started. "Can Kousei stay here for a little bit?" Kousei gave me a look of disbelief as well as my mom. She hesitated to give me a response. Kousei was about to walk away but I caught his hand. My mother let out a sigh. "Fine. But no funny business" she said. I nodded and Kousei gaped.

I chuckled and pulled him upstairs.

"Um Tsubaki, you do realize that it's early in the morning right?" He asked. I nodded. "It's only for a little while" I said pushing him into my room. He let out a yawn and just gave in. I walked over to my bed and lied on my back. I then took my shoes off and let them fall to the floor. "I'm exhausted" I sighed. "Yeah same" Kousei said walking over to me. In the process, he tripped over my shoe and fell.

Out of instinct I closed my eyes as I felt something land on me. "Ow, Kousei what have you-" I opened my eyes and saw a flustered Kousei hovering over me. His face was glowing red. I'm pretty sure that I was blushing as well.

[Kousei's POV]

When I looked down my eyes met Tsubaki's brown ones. I wanted to move but at the same time I wanted to stay. Stupid teenage hormones. I tried to say something but the words refused to escape my lips. "K-Kousei?"

I don't know what I was thinking but before I knew it I was leaning in. My eyes were closed and so were hers. A few seconds later our lips connected and it didn't feel like it did any other time. It felt..different.

Almost perfect.

Tsubaki grabbed a fistful of my shirt and turned more red than before. I quickly pulled away from her and stepped backwards until my back hit the wall. "I'm sorry Tsubaki. I shouldn't have done that I-"

"You dummy."

Tsubaki walked over to me and engulfed me in a hug. "I'm pretty sure that were both equally guilty" she said chuckling. "You're not mad at me?" I asked. She shook her head. "It's just a kiss. It's not like we did something wrong. I'm just not used to...that kind of kiss ya' know."

How is she so calm about it? Am I overreacting? I guess I am.

"I'm bringing a snack for you g- AHH WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!"

"Mom, you're overreacting!" Tsubaki shouted. Apparently her mom walked in on us hugging. "I knew you were up to no good!" She protested. "It's a hug! What's so bad about a hug?!" Tsubaki asked. "You had Kousei on the wall!" Her mother exclaimed. I wonder how she would've reacted if she saw what happened before this.

"M-Miss Sawabe, Tsubaki is right. She just gave me a hug. That's all that happened" I told her. She looked at me then Tsubaki. "Okay fine. But don't try anything you two." We nodded and she placed down a plate of rice balls. Then she walked out.

That was scary.

__________________________
I'm soooooooo sorry that I haven't updated in forever and I'm soooooooo sorry that this chapter is so short. I haven't had time for really anything lately because of school and all but I'll try to put more effort into this story because it sucks so far😭 Also don't forget to comment, vote, and share...or not. But anyways,

Until next time...

-K