You and Me

Girl: Hey

Boy: Hi

Girl: I have a question

Boy: Shoot

Girl: When did we fall in love?

Boy: Simple......We never did.

Girl: What was this then?

Boy: Nothing.

Girl: When are we going to split?

Boy: I don't know, I guess when we both realize that we tricked ourselves into loving each other.

Girl: Have you realized that yet?

Boy: I've always known.

Girl: .......

Boy: What is it?

Girl: I just wanted to make sure you didn't love me.

Boy: Just because I'm not in love with you, doesn't mean I don't love you.

Boy: I do love you, I'm just not in love with you. Your my closest friend. I guess you could say my best friend.

20 minutes later

Boy: Hello?

Boy: Come on don't play around

Boy: Want to come over? I know you still have nightmares. Even though you say you don't.

Boy: Are you ok?

30 minutes later

Boy: It only takes 10 minutes for you to get to my house, where are you? I know you didn't say you'd come, but I thought you would.

Boy: I'm starting to get worried! Are you okay?

Boy: Please answer!!!

Girl: BRANDON!!!

Boy: Finally Hey Carmen!!!

Girl: NO THIS ISN'T CARMEN, IT'S KELLY, HER OLDER SISTER, COME TO THE HOSPITAL IMMEDIATELY!!! PLEASE!!!!

Boy: Why what happened?!? Is Carm ok?!

Girl: no

Boy: I'm on my way what's wrong?!

Boy: Kelly I swear to god answer me please!

Boy: Tell me what's wrong with my girlfriend?!

25 minutes later

Brandon's POV

I ran through the hospital door, and darted towards the desk.

"I need to see Carmen!" I shouted, a few heads turning my way.

"Last name?" She asked politely.

"Dobber!" I said whisper-shouting.

"I'm sorry son, her room is full right now, but you can...." She said slowly.

"Ma'am please!!!!! She means the world to me, I need to make sure she's ok!!!" I pleaded, she needs to understand.

"Sit dow....." I cut her off. I didn't care, I just wanted Carmen.

"Please!" I pleaded once more.

"Room 432, Floor 4" She pointed at the stairs, as she smiled.

"Ma'am please...THANK YOU!" I started, and ran towards the stairs.

My heart was pounding, I hoped Carmen was okay. I dodged a few people on the stairway and finally arrived at floor 4. I opened the door, walking quick to find room 432. I saw it, and it's like everything in the universe stopped. I was scared, and I almost couldn't make myself do it till I heard her little voice.

"Can I have some water?" She asked softly.

"I'll get it!" I recognized that as Kelly. I slid down the wall onto the floor, hiding my head inside my hoodie.

I heard the door open, and close, footsteps walking, then suddenly stopping, and a small screech of them turning around. I heard them walk and stop again, this time in front of me.

"Brandon why aren't you in there?" Asked Kelly.

"I'm scared she'll hate me." My voice muffled by my hoodie.

I heard her sit by me.

"She doesn't hate you Brando." Did I forget to say that me and her sister are really close.

"I said I wasn't in love with her Kel." I said quietly.

"That's why she did this." I don't think I was supposed to hear that, but now I know why she's here. It's because of me.

"But if you didn't why are you here?" Kelly asked, I could feel her eyes on me.

"I don't know Kel, I guess I love her." I said.

"Then why'd you say you didn't!?" She asked confused.

Finally taking my hoodie off my head, I stared Kelly in the eyes. "I love her, but I'm not in love with her." I said explaining.

"Then why do you call her your girlfriend?" She asked, her eyebrows raising.

I looked at her confused. "I don't."

She showed me Carm's phone. It so happens that I did in fact say "girlfriend"

I looked up at her, and she shook her head saying, "When will you realize it dweeb?"

That's when it hit me, I'm in freaking love with Carmen, I always have been. I darted in the room, and everyone looked at me shaken. I stared at Carmen walking towards her. I saw the casts on her arm. What'd she do? Don't worry about that right now. I pushed the hair out of her face, and I kissed her. Not a peck on the cheek, or lips. A real kiss, I kissed her sweetly with passion. She kissed back. I pulled away and said, "Carmen Jay Dobber, I'm in freaking love with you, and I've been so stupid not to see it. I just have one question."

She nodded.

"Will you be my girlfriend, for real, no games?"

She nodded once more, and I kissed her with all that I had in me. And she kissed back once more, and in that moment it was just us, and I felt like I could conquer the world.

"You and me..." I started holding out my pinky.

"Forever and Always..." She said lacing her pinky with mine.

"Never to far apart..." We said together.

"Because we live in each other's hearts." We finished smiling at each other.