She knows

Riley's POV

As in sitting next to Alexa, hearing her ramble on about Maya asking someone else to be her partner, I see Maya talking to other girls that are sitting next to her.

I sighed, knowing this wasn't going to end well. I mean, I could just tell her I want to be partners with someone else, but I really don't.

Alexa has asked me to be partners but I said it wouldn't make any sense, cause we already know each other well.

Not only was she suspicious, she seemed confused as well.

So, she just asked some other girl, right after they asked Maya 50 times.

I was confused as to why Maya wanted to be my partner, I mean she could be with anyone she wanted in here, but she choose me.

I guess I'll just talk to Maya later and tell her what happened. I don't want to lose my best friend but I do want to be partners with Maya.

I look over to see Maya staring at me. As soon as my eyes connecting with hers, she looked down.

Now I was even more confused.

"Attention fags!" A loud voice said from the stage.

I rolled my eyes turning to see a tall white male standing on the stage in a suit.

Everyone immediately went quiet knowing who this was.

This was the guy who created this whole place. Everyone hated him.

"So, you may be wondering why your here. Well, we have noticed plenty of fights going on in the past week. We don't know the cause of the fights. If anyone has anything to say, please speak up." He smiled trying to act nice even though everyone could see he was disgusted by every one of us.

Of course, no one spoke up but instead all looked at Maya. No, Maya didn't cause all of the fights, the other girls did, but it was over her.

"Fine, I guess no one wants to speak up. We also have decided that we are going to be having a special event. If you haven't already, you will need to pick a partner and learn as much as you can about them. We want you guys to make friends, not sex partners." He ended and walked away.

Everyone was confused. It was the weirdest assembly ever. It was weirder than the assembly a few months ago where someone found a used condom in the cafeteria.

Something was going on and I could tell. Why would they want us to be partners? I mean that's the last thing they would want.

I glanced over once more at Maya and she looked just confused if not, then more.

The teachers redirected us back to our cabins and as soon as Alexa was gone at her own cabin, I ran up to Maya who was flipping through her books while sitting on her bed.

I walked up to her and she slowly looked up.

"Yes?" She sneered.

"I think we should talk." I smiled.

"Ok."

I sat down next to her on the bunk.

I explained everything to her. The whole Alexa being pissed and how it intimidated me.

"So you don't think you should just tell Alexa?" She asked.

"Well I don't want to lose my only friend in here." I nervously laughed.

"You won't. I mean I can be your friend." She said slowly at the end.

A smile crept on my face and I stood up giving her another smile, walking to Alexa's cabin.

I walked in as I saw her talking to some other girl.

"Hey." I said walking over to her.

"Hey whatsup?" She looked up and smiled.

"Can I talk to you in private?" I asked.

The other girl she was talking to nodded and walked away.

I sat down on the bunk.

"So listen I'm just gonna warn you, before you murder me, were best friends right? And we always will be right?" I asked nervously.

She hesitated and furrowed her eyebrows but spoke:

"Yeah of course why?" She raised an eyebrow.

"So you know how you heard someone talking to Maya and she asked to be her partner?" I bit my lip.

"Yeah." She smirked and narrowed her eyes at me.

"Well it uh that um-

"Riley I know it was you, I saw you and her and heard you both I just wanted to see if you were lying." She chuckled.

My mouth gaped open and looked down embarrassed that I lied and she knew the whole time.

"I'm not mad at all, I already have someone else." She giggled eyeing a blonde girl who was sitting on her bunk reading a book.

"Oh." I smiled.

"I'm sorry I just didn't-

"It's fine." Alexa giggled and kissed Riley's cheek playfully.

"Why don't you go get to know your partner a little bit better." She winked.

I smiled at her and got up, walking out the door into my cabin.

Since we didn't have class today or tomorrow, we could do basically anything we wanted.

I saw Maya reading a book on her bunk and walked over to it, climbing the small ladder and laying on her bed next to her.

She jumped slightly and I laughed.

"So, partner I think we should get to know each other a bit better." I smiled.

After about an hour of random questions, I learned a lot about Maya.

Sure, I had no problem with Alexa and her knowing it was me who was gonna be Maya's partner, but what about everyone else?