Roommates

When I woke up next to Calum the morning after the party, I smiled. How could I not? He was drooling on the pillow and his alarm clock was blaring his favorite song, he just hadn't woken up to it. But I had. Pulling the covers off of my boyfriend, I watched him twitch a little and shiver at the sudden cold. "Calum." I whispered, reaching over him to turn the alarm off on his phone.

"Hmm.." He was still half asleep. The low light streaming in from the window was making him squint.

"Babe, get up." I whispered, shaking his arm. Calum looked over at me, surprised. Blinking several times, he started grinning madly before rolling on top of me and pinning me to the bed. I gasped. "Calum."

"Good morning." He said with a lopsided grin before kissing my lips and then down my neck. I started to laugh as he let go of my hands and began tickling my sides.

"Calum! Stop! What the hell?" I managed to push him off of me and Calum laughed, running a hand through his hair. I sat up, hitting him with a pillow. "What was that for?" I demanded.

"I don't know. I just can't believe I get to wake up next to you for the rest of my life." Butterflies were swarming in my stomach and I tried not to blush at how sweet he was being.

"Well, I don't see a ring on it." I replied, flashing him my left hand. Calum took my hand and kissed my knuckles.

"Soon, I promise kitten. I've already been looking for an engagement ring." My eyes grew wide and I smiled broadly.

"Really?"

"Really really." Calum leaned in and kissed me, cupping the side of my face in his hand and running his thumb down my cheek. "I love you Lily. You'll get your ring. Don't you worry." I laughed as he stood up.

"I don't really care about the ring Calum. If you bought me some cheap plastic one at a thrift store I would still love you just as much if you bought me something that cost thousands of dollars." Calum slid open the door for the closet and touched his chest, looking back at me painfully.

"Thousands of dollars?" He asked, pretending to have a heart attack. I laughed.

"Like I've said before, they have some really cute looking rings at Annie's for only ten bucks and those are way flashier than a lot of actual engagement rings."

"But I want to get you the real deal baby."

"Well I don't want you to waste your money on a metal loop with some rocks attached to it." He was shaking his head at me as he rummaged through his closet.. Our closet now actually. "Save your money for something that matters. Like our actual wedding."

"Hmm.. What day did you want again?"

"Calum, you know the day. We've talked about it many times. It's our anniversary. And I would preferably like to get married on our seven year anniversary of being together if you don't mind." Calum chuckled, pulling off his shirt and stripping off his pants. I tried not to look at his body.

"We haven't even had our sixth anniversary darling."

"So you have time then is all I'm saying." Calum pulled his pants up, doing the button before grabbing a belt. "Honestly, do you even have to propose at this point." Calum scoffed.

"Uh, yes. I want to propose to you Lily."

"But we've already talked about everything. The color scheme, the theme, what kind of cake. You even helped me pick my damn dress. We've talked about getting married so many times Calum and our future kids. It's really not necessary."

"Oh it's very necessary. If I'm only getting married once, I'm going to damn well propose to you."

"Are you saying there's a plausible future where we get divorced?" Calum gave me a funny look as he started to button his shirt. "You said, 'If I'm only getting married once'. Planning on divorcing me Calum hmm?" Calum sighed and walked around the bed towards my side as he started to put on his tie.