Roommates Pt. Two

Ella and I held up our glasses, while Calum and Jake put their beer bottles up. "A toast!" I cried out. "To Jake finally getting some balls.."

"Hey!" He shouted at me.

"And to Ella our beautiful new roommate and my future sister in-law." Ella and I laughed while Jake started to chug his beer, probably from embarrassment over what I said. Calum chuckled. I was purposefully trying to embarrass Jake and also hinting that he needed to propose to Ella before I did it for him.

"Come here." Ella said, grabbing the wine bottle off the kitchen counter and moving me to the other side of the room. Her wine glass had actual wine in it, mine had apple cider. I had bought it specifically for today because I knew that Ella was finally taking up permanent residence in the apartment. Because of the baby, I couldn't have wine and I was hoping the boys wouldn't notice that I wasn't drinking but judging by the look on Ella's face, she did. "Something is up with you and don't pretend like I haven't noticed." Ella hissed over her wine glass. "This is your favorite brand and you just turned it down. They may not have noticed because you're not much of a drinker but I'm not as dense." I glanced over at Calum and Jake worriedly before dragging Ella further into the living room and out onto our small balcony. I couldn't handle it anymore. I needed more advice. Talking to Jackie wasn't enough.

"Okay but please don't freak out and you can't say anything to Jake or Calum." I whispered. Why were girls so perceptive? How could she tell I was hiding something? Ella nodded slowly.

"You're not cheating right?"

"Oh god no!" I exclaimed. Calum and Jake looked our way and I smiled sheepishly. Calum shrugged, going back to their conversation while I subtly grabbed the remote for the stereo and turned up the volume for the music.

"Okay because.. I kind of thought you were because you've been hanging out with that Drew guy and..."

"Drew is gay."

"Oh alright. That's cool. Then what is it?"  I shifted around nervously, running a hand through my hair before exhaling and just coming out with it.

"I'm pregnant." Ella's eyes grew wide and I could tell she was trying to contain her excitement as well as her tone of voice.

"Oh my god. That is not what I was expecting." I nodded my head slowly, rubbing my arms and hugging myself a little, like I was trying to keep it together. "How far along are you and.. If you don't want me to tell Jake.. Calum doesn't know?" I shook my head. "Lily!" She hissed.

"What? I'll explain myself, I swear. But it's been nearly two months now I think and.."

"You think?" Ella questioned. I sighed.

"I don't know the exact date of when Calum and I had unprotected sex. We have sex all the time. The days get muddled." Ella nodded.

"Okay, continue." I purse my lips before staring up again.

"Calum has said so many times before that he doesn't want us to be engaged because he doesn't want me to think about marriage as a senior in college well if I drop this on him... I just.. What am I going to do? We're going to have a kid!" I whisper shouted at her. "My parents are going to be livid. We're not married and Calum.. Calum said he wasn't ready to be a dad."

"How did that come up?" Ella asked before touching my stomach. "And you're still not showing yet. When will you?" I swatted her hand away. What if they saw?

"We had unprotected sex a couple days back and he freaked. Remember how last year I thought I was pregnant? Apparently, he was freaking out a lot back then internally because he didn't want to be a father yet."