Girl Talk

"Thank you for taking me to school on your day off." I said graciously to Ella as she started up her car. Ella laughed.

"It's no big deal. The school isn't far and besides.." She paused, smiling at me. "You missed your bus." I groaned, turning a little red as I covered my face with my hands.

"My alarm didn't go off! I guess I forgot to set it." I murmured, thinking back to last night. After Lance had dropped me off, I changed my clothes, got into bed and then.. Fell directly to sleep. Usually, when Calum leaves for work, he wakes me up. Not because he means to but because he makes a lot of noise when he gets ready. I've told him to be quieter but he says he can't help it.

Today though, I miraculously didn't wake up. I vaguely remember Calum kissing my cheek and murmuring something sweet to me but I rolled back over after that and fell asleep again. I was positive my alarm would go off in the next forty minutes or so, so I didn't worry about it. Work last night had drained me a bit and I didn't want to quite get up yet.

I woke up fully about an hour later when I heard the front door to the apartment close. Rubbing my eyes, and sitting up, I glanced at Calum's digital clock on his dresser. The red letters were blinking 9:00 and I screamed. Jumping out of bed, I rushed to the closet and began to pick out an outfit for the day. "What the hell? Why are you screaming?" Ella demanded when she walked into my room.

"Oh my god, Ella. Thank god. Could you take me to school?" I begged, changing hurriedly in front of her. Ella arched her eyebrows but nodded her head.

"Sleep in?" She asked. I had groaned and rushed to the bathroom to put on some makeup.

Ella laughed, snapping me out of my thoughts as she drove out the gate of our apartment complex. "Yeah but you didn't have to scream when you woke up." I blushed a little.

"I know. That was stupid but I panicked. I didn't mean to. Was I really that loud?" I asked skeptically. It was really only a yelp, not a shrill, loud scream. Ella shook her head.

"No but you were being overdramatic. Isn't your first class today at like 9:40?" I nodded my head slowly. "Then why are you freaking out? It's only 9:15?" Ella laughed.

"I don't know. I like getting to class early so I can sit in my seat and just relax for a bit. I don't like being late." I shrugged. It was a little weird maybe but I wasn't the only one who did that.

"Alright, alright." Ella said with a small smile as she pulled to a stop at a red light. "So, are you excited for tonight?"

"Oh my gosh! It's Wednesday. I forgot." I said happily. Ella laughed. Every Wednesday, the two of us hang out and talk, eating junk food and playing movies or music in the background. My classes end at 12 so we virtually spend the whole day together. It's especially a good day because Calum and Jake don't come home until much later that night. Maybe around eight or nine. They both have meetings at their work places on Wednesday's and sometimes they run long. So it's usually just Ella and I in the apartment alone.

"Yeah so what do you want for lunch?"

"Can we get chicken nuggets from the store or like McDonalds or something?" I was really craving them at the moment. Ella nodded.

"Sounds good. And I already have a subject for our first discussion." I smiled brightly.

"Please share." Ella shook her head.

"Later. If we get into it now you'll never get to class."

"Well, what is it about?" Ella pursed her lips and sighed. I frowned. Whenever she gets like that, we always talk about Jake. "What did my stupid brother do?" I asked. Ella chuckled.