Chapter 10 - Part I

Agatha smiled as she placed the draft in her hand on the table.

"So?" said Jeremy.

"Well, it's good. I can finally see the story coming together. There are a few things that you have to improve on, and I've already told them to Mer. She'll help you out."

"Wait, that's it?! I mean, won't you gimme a little more detailed lecture on what's what and who's who?"

"That's all you'll be getting from me for a while, boy. You'll just have to settle for my short review."

Jeremy sighed.

"Great. So now I've got two people who're telling me the same things over and over again. Seriously, you've got nothing else?"

"I've. Got. Nothing. Else." Replied Agatha with a stern expression.

Jeremy stood up and walked out the door. He was tired of listening to the same old stuff. But as he got into his car, his phone began to buzz.

"Sue?"

"Jerry, you've gotta come to the hospital right now."

"Hospital?! Why should I come to the hospital? Is everything fine?"

"It's Mer. She got hurt bad. You need to come now."

Jeremy's eyes widened.

"What?! What happened to her? She's fine, right?"

"Stop panicking. She's fine. It's not that major of an injury. Just come, Jerry. You'll understand everything better."

Jeremy sat quickly in his car and sped away. He reached the hospital in about ten minutes, when dark clouds welcomed him from the sky. There was thunderstorm, and Jeremy looked up in despair.

He ran into the hospital and stopped at the reception.

"Meredith Heartnett." He blabbered in a hurry.

"She's in the ER, sir. You'll have to wait here, please."

Jeremy kicked around in desperation as he sat down in the waiting room. His heart was racing and he constantly kept shaking his right foot. His eyes looked in all directions, hoping to see Sue or someone from Mer's family. Instead, his eyes fell at the clock.

18:36

Desperation taking over him, he just stood up and walked towards the reception when a hand on his shoulder stopped him abruptly. He turned around, only to see Michael.

"Calm down, she's fine. Just a deep cut."

Jeremy smiled with relief when he heard just a deep cut.

"Thank god it's not serious! Can I see her?"

"Yeah. Come on. This way." Replied Michael, pointing in the direction of a long corridor.

The two men ran, oblivious to the fact that somewhere high above, fate was laughing at them. As usual, he was waiting for the right time to act. And unfortunately, that time was nearing.

______________________________________________________________________________

[A/N: This chapter might be a little confusing, but you'll get all your doubts cleared in the next part, which will give you all the details of what happened 10 hours ago.]