Chapter 10 - Part IV

[A/N: Not been edited. Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for reading! :)]

5 hours ago

As Susan neared Meredith’s house, all that she could think of was what Lucas had told her. She didn’t know what to believe. Truth be told, she trusted her brother more than anyone else. Of course, they fought a lot when they were little, but what sort of siblings don’t? There were several times when Lucas would play pranks on her simply to annoy her. But he couldn’t have lied to her about such matters. Why would he anyway?

It’s not like he gains anything by lying about Patrick or Meredith. But there were other things that were bothering Susan as well. For instance, why on earth would Meredith pretend to like Jeremy just so that she could be happy? It just didn’t make any sense. At first look, it certainly does not seem as if Meredith was one of those whiny types of girls. She looked strong and determined, apart from the mood swings and the damage Patrick’s supposed ‘getaway-for-healing-purposes’ had caused.

She sighed.

There was one other thing as well. If Lucas was right about Meredith being a cunning manipulator, how would she tell all this to Jeremy?

Her thoughts came to an abrupt halt when she saw Agatha standing on sideway. She pulled over next to Agatha and got out.

“Agatha? What are you doing here?”

“Susan! What a lovely surprise. I was just waiting for a cab. I’m heading towards Meredith’s. You?”

Susan’s mind grew more frustrated. Great, she thought. As if having a blank mind wasn’t enough, with Agatha around; I’ll never be able to talk to Mer.

“What a coincidence! I was heading to the same place. Come on, hop in.”

“Thank you, Susan. That is very courteous of you.”

“That’s me. You courteous next door girl.” Replied Susan, smiling and getting into her car. As she sped ahead, all that was going through her mind was the same thing; repeating itself like a tape recorder.

“Patrick and Meredith were supposed to get married …”

“What if she’s using J? What if the letter thing doesn’t work and she’s using J just to be happy once again?”

She shook her head in an attempt to remove such thoughts from her mind, when Agatha said something.

“Everything alright, dear? You look … almost flustered.”

“Really? Nah. I’m fine. Everything’s great. No problems at all. How are you?”

“Life’s been treating me well so far. I’ve just got to ask Meredith for a copy of the edited part of Jeremy’s book so that I can show it to my seniors.”

“Well, fingers crossed they like it.” Replied Susan, diverting her attention back to the road.

Agatha simply smiled.

“I’m sure they’ll love it. His story is quite simple, actually. Nothing too elaborate or filled with too many elements for people to get confused about.”

“That’s good to know.”

“So, what do you do for a living, Susan? I know that Jeremy has a master’s degree in literature. But what about you?”

“It’s complicated, really. I’ve done a lot of things. But mostly, I’m learning history.”

“Oh wow. That’s wonderful.”