Chapter 16: Love, Marriage, And....Death?

Months have passed since I found out that Mason had cheated on me with that bartender slut. The more I think about it, the more it angers me. Every time I look at him, I just want to gouge his eyes out with a spoon. I was now eight months pregnant and looking like I was about to bust like a over blown balloon. The baby was going to be a boy and I had already picked out a name. Malakai, I honestly loved the sound of the name. Sadly, today was my wedding day. Mason has done everything and everything he could in hopes that I'd forgive him, but sadly, its gonna take more for me to just forget. He doesn't understand that what he did to me, shattered me. Sighing softly, I felt the baby kicking around . I smile an place a hand on my swollen stomach. "Soon my son, you'll be here soon, I promise." Rubbing my stomach in small cycles, I walk down the hallway only to bump into Mason. His eyes were red and puffy from crying. In all honesty, that sorta pulled on my heart strings.

"Kiara...." He takes my wrist an pulls me close to him. "I'm sorry,,,please forgive me..." Frowning, I look down at the ground. "I'm trying...it's just going to take some time to trust you again." The wedding was tonight at midnight, I would've thought that I'd be happy marrying someone I loved, but now, that love has faded away cause of his stupid mistake in cheating on me. Midnight slowly rolled around and I would be getting dressed. Honestly, I think I look better in black then white. It's said that wearing black makes you look slimmer, in my case, I looked like a damn twig about ready to pop. I was barely to fit into my dress cause I was already 8 months pregnant about ready to bust. Sighing softly I would put my veil on. "Time to get the show on the road, I guess..." My bridesmaids escort me to the throne room where the wedding was being held. Considering we're in the underworld, Hades was marrying us. I walk down the isle while eyes were glued on me, making my nervous.

Mason was smiling like an idiot as well. Holding back the urge to roll my eyes, I force a smile and was now standing beside him. The two of us were holding hands, facing each other as Hades began to speak "Friends, family, we are gathered here today to join these two together as husband and wife. The two have written their vows. Mason, you may go first." Mason looked at me with his deep blue eyes, making me blush slightly. "Kira, the moment I met you, I knew we was going to be together. I didn't want anyone else but you. Back in the world of the living, I deeply regret not being able to marry you, I should've done it while I had the chance, It was all suddenly and I had no control over it. But now I'm standing here marrying the girl of my dreams an I promise I'll make up for the lost times over the years and I promise to stay faithful to you for all eternity." I started to tear up by his words and smiled softly, looking up at him.

"Kiara, it's your turn." I looked up at Mason, with a smile plastered on my face. "Mason, the last few days have been hectic. You honestly have no idea how much I've missed you. How much I've needed you. Ever since the accident, I've never been the same. I didn't think there was any chance of seeing you again. Now look where we're at, I'm standing here today, marrying my childhood sweetheart. No matter how many times you've hurt me, I'll still love you. Even though it's going to take time to trust you again like I used to." Hades smiled softly "Mason, repeat after me. I Mason, take Kiara as my wife, for sickness and for heath, for richer or for poor, till death do us part." Mason smiled softly "I Mason, take you Kiara as my wife, in sickness and in health, for richer or for poor, till death do us part." Hades looks over at me. "I Kiara take you Mason as my husband, in sickness and in health, for richer or for poor, till death do us part"

Hades looks at us both, smiling like an idiot. "Mason, place the ring on Kiara's finger as a symbol of your everlasting love." Mason smiles and slowly slips the ring onto my finger as the two of us didn't break eye contact. "Do you Mason, take Kiara as your wife?" Mason starts grinning while looking at me. "I do." "Kiara, place the ring on Mason's finger as a sign of your everlasting love" Smiling softly, I take the ring and slowly slip it onto his finger. "Kiara, do you take Mason as your husband?" Smiling softly I look up at Mason an say "I D---" Suddenly, I get this sharp pain in my stomach and a puddle forms underneath me. Mason's eyes go wide "Her water has broke! Someone get help!" Wincing in pain, I hold my stomach, no..it's too early for this. The baby shouldn't be coming for another month at least! It wasn't long till I was in the delivery room, screaming out in pain. I was in agony, it felt like every bone in my body was being shattered all at once. I squeeze Mason's hand, keeping my breathing steady while screaming out in pain.

"Push Kira!" Jason said. I start pushing while screaming, I honestly think I broke Mason's hand at this point...paybacks a bitch. "I see the head! Just a few more pushes and the baby will be out!" I push once more as hard as I possibly could. Finally, high pitch screams would be heard. "It's a boy" I fall back, breathing heavily while the nurses go clean the baby up. Suddenly, the heart monitor started to drop and my body started to get pale while I began to feel weak. "She's bleeding out!!" The doctor yelled. I looked over at the crying baby while tears filled my eyes. In my mind I was thinking "I..i wont get a chance to watch my son grow up....i had a feeling something bad was going to happen." Unable to stop the bleeding, Mason's cries could be heard as he shook me in order to fight an keep my eyes open. "I'm sorry......." Feeling my eyelids grow heavy, I closed my eyes and take my final breath while the heart monitor, went flat line.

(The baby) 

(The baby) 

(Wedding dress) 

(Wedding dress) 

(Wedding Rings) 

(Wedding Rings) 

SIDE NOTE: I hope you all enjoyed this book, Don't worry, the story isn't completely over, There WILL be a sequel. . . .Don't worry, Kiara isn't gone, where is she..?!