Chapter 21

Chris

No one could be more surprised by my reaction to Spencer than me. I've embarrassed Amelia and myself and I don't know what came over me, I just couldn't stand by while he looked at her like that.

That's not true, I know exactly what came over me. I'm trying to fight it, and I'm losing.

Sitting on the floor with Nina and Olly curled up in front of me I prepare to break the bad news to her, even though it's still like an ice shard to the stomach when I think about it.

"Um, I have to tell you something. We got some news today about the shoot."

"Yeah?" She gulps from her beer and sets it back down on the table.

"We're ahead of schedule so they're going to try to get the last location done before Christmas."

"That's amazing. Where is it?"

"New York."

"Oh." Her smile fades. "So you're going home early."

"In a month."

She nods and takes another two gulps, her hands fidgeting with the label. It shouldn't matter, we were always a temporary arrangement. But it does, and I can see in the drop of her shoulders that it matters to Amelia, too.

"Let me apologise in advance, but I intend for you to be utterly sick to death of my face by then." I lean over and kiss her.

"Never. But if it means seeing you every day you're welcome to try."

"God, waking up with you and coming home to you at night. I wish we could make that work all the time."

"There's no reason you can't stay here until you go," she says casually. "I could drive you to the ferry or the studios."

"Really? I didn't want to invade your space, but if it's what you want, too... I can be picked up from here that's not a problem."

She leans in until our lips almost touch. "Please invade my space, Boston."

I groan and kiss her hard, my tongue thrusting through her parted lips as I lie her back onto the rug and hold her hands above her head.

This is probably a mistake, I should be pulling back before I leave and softening the blow, not moving in for a month. There is no softening it, though. Not for me, at least. I crawl over and open the door so the dogs can play outside then lie myself on top of her, kissing her neck slowly.

As our clothes are discarded we move to the bedroom, her hair fanned out on the pillow as she lies completely at my mercy. My lips touch every inch of soft warm skin, worshipping her supple body until she whimpers quietly and my mouth finds her centre. Her lips are hot and slick with salty-sweet nectar, her bud swelling against my tongue as I lick and suck at it.

"Mmmm," I groan against her at the familiar taste.

She swirls her hips against me and I slide two fingers inside, beckoning her climax by rubbing them over her g-spot. As I lap at her clit she tenses and holds her breath, her thighs quivering beside my ears. As shuddering moan is forced from deep in her throat as her essence spills out and her walls contract and grip my fingers. I lick and kiss her slowly as she comes down, my hand stroking her smooth belly as she fills her lungs again.

I move back up and lie beside her, wiping my face with the back of my hand before she rolls to nuzzle and kiss me deep and slow. Her delicate hands trace over my skin, her fingers reading the tattoo on my collarbone and tangling in the hair on my chest. My cock bobs against her, desperate to burrow in her heat, but I'm enjoying her tender kisses too much. She takes her time, presses her body against mine and we melt together while our mouths share the other's breath. She can be kinky, constantly surprising me in the bedroom with her taste for things just a little wicked or taboo, and then she's this sweet sensual woman who takes her time kissing and touching me as though we have all the time in the world.

I love you, Amelia.

The only way I can keep from saying it aloud is to keep my lips otherwise occupied, so I thread my hand in her hair and pull her deeper, devouring her beautiful mouth. She drapes a leg over my hip and I roll to my back so she straddles me, her kisses and nips moving down to my neck and shoulder.

She sits upright and rolls her hips over my erection, her bright eyes never leaving mine with their libidinous gaze. By the time she notches it between her folds and lowers herself down I'm dripping with her moisture and I feel every ridge between her tight walls, the spongy spot I know so well that makes her gasp as my crown glides over it and beyond, filling her to the hilt until I feel her lips on my balls.

Shuddering, she draws a deep breath and lets her head fall back, arching her full breasts out for my hands.

"You're so beautiful," I whisper as my fingers roll over them, like I'm telling her some shocking secret.

Threading her fingers in to mine she pulls me up to her, and I know what she craves because I need it too. Closeness, the connection of our flesh pressed together inside and out. My mouth makes a spiral of kisses around her breast toward her nipple and I suck it between my lips, making her move herself up and down. Her arms take hold around my shoulders and she pulls me back to her mouth to kiss me hard while she sets a steady pace.

Nothing exists but our bodies moving together. Her hands explore my shoulders and back, her nails drag over my shoulder blades until I'm covered in prickly goosebumps, her forehead presses against mine and her lips fall open so her warm breath covers my face. My chest feels her hardened nipples graze over it like warm smooth pebbles, my stomach feels her core flex and retract to control her movements, and my balls are soaked with her. Amelia never stops moving and her eyes never leave mine. I stroke up and down her spine and wrap her hair around my hand, holding without pulling, her moans firing off in time with the spasms of her cunt. She's close, I can feel her starting to grip and pull me deeper, and I'm working hard to outlast her.

On a quiet, almost mournful cry she clamps down and clings to me tight, riding out the last waves of orgasm and I erupt and release deep inside her.

Silence falls over us but for our racing hearts and rasping breath, we remain still and holding on for dear life for what feels like hours until our skin cools. I kiss her long and slow and when I pull back she's smiling, her eyes sparkling in the softening light.

"I love you, Amelia."

She strokes my face with a shaky hand and looks down at my mouth as her thumb grazes my lips.

"You shouldn't," she whispers.

"I know."

When her gaze finds mine again her eyes are wet.

"I love you, too. We're doomed, you know that."

"I know," I say again. "But I love you anyway."

"I guess we've got a month to make it count."

It's never going to be enough. A lifetime wouldn't be enough.