Chapter One

"It's funny how before we even knew how important we were going to be to each other, something in us knew and something in us will always know,"

"You look great babe now hurry up before you're late to graduation!" Camila laughed, grabbing Lauren's hand and pulling her out of their apartment door. The place they had lived for the past four years of their life.

"I'm so nervous," Lauren admitted as they made their way down the street to their car.

"Don't be. You've done the hard part, now you just need to say a couple of words and you're done," Camila said supportively, giving her girlfriend a small kiss on the lips. When she pulled away, Lauren started pouting so Camila placed another sweet kiss on Lauren's lips then jumped in the car.

"Later," Camila winked as they set off to the New York stage school.

Lauren's time at Cowell Medical School was simply not right for her and also short lived. She struggled with the work, failed to complete some of her assignments and simply could not focus there. She had refrained from telling Camila about her struggles because she was mainly doing it for her and for Sofi, but when Camila began to notice how stressed and tired Lauren looked, she got the older girl to express herself. In fact, Camila was the one who suggested that Lauren drop out. It wasn't something she loved and honestly, it was the right thing to do.

Lauren did feel as if she had let the younger girl down however found her feet again when introduced to the wonderful world of theatre, more importantly, stage management. It was clear that this was something that Lauren excelled in, even if it took a bit longer to find at first. She even managed to get a place at New York Stage school, something she didn't expect to happen but she continued to work as hard as she could, and now, they were on their way to her graduation.

"Did you leave the water for Malin?"

Lauren paused for a moment, retracing her steps. "Yes!" She said, nodding her head.

"And did you-"

"Baby! I did everything that you told me to do and everything is packed... well not everything but-"

"Lauren Michelle!" Camila scolded, hitting the green eyed girl on the arm.

"Well I was occupied," Lauren said before leaning in close to Camila's ear. "But you know what I was busy with," The older girl smirked, putting a gentle bite on Camila's earlobe.

"Laureeennn," Camila groaned, pulling away slightly but Lauren pulled the younger girl back in with a firm hand on her thigh. "Lauren," Camila spoke more defiantly this time, using all of her will power to not give into her girlfriend.

"Fine. Later," Lauren said with a small smirk on her face. "We'll need to celebrate somehow anyway," She mumbled under her breath.

"What was that?" Camila asked as she gazed out of the window, watching the streets and buildings fade behind her.

"Nothing," Lauren smiled, keeping her attention on the road. Gently playing in the background was a song called Your Soul by a group named Rhodes.

I see you on the blue skies
I need a little sunshine
I fell into your brown eyes
I told you I was your light

No, I don't wanna talk about it
I don't wanna listen all that much
Is it falling apart
I don't wanna talk about it
I just wanna hold your hand

Camila leaned over to place one of hands over Lauren's, stroking it gently and they both started to sing along to chorus in hushed tones.

Oh you know when you're alone
I'm holding on and on and on and on
Oh you know when you're alone
I'm holding on and on and on and on
To your soul
Your soul