Chapter 20

"You've got to be kidding me,"

"Long time no see,"

"Yep," Lauren said through gritted teeth as she forced a smile, keeping in mind that her boss was standing right next to them.

"Okay then you two. If you'd like to follow me through to the main theatre, most of the crew should be in there and we're going to start off with a whole team briefing before everyone goes their separate ways for the day," Aaron explained as he led the two down the hall and through a large set of double doors.

"So Lauren... How's Camz?"

"That's none of your business," Lauren quickly shot back.

"Trouble in paradise?"

"I think it would be best if we just keep our distance," Lauren said as they walked into the main theatre and Aaron told them to sit in the front room.

"I think that we're both going to have a lot of fun here," Shay grinned as they both watched the crew sit down around them.

"Uh huh," The emerald eyed woman mumbled as she let out a breath. "Shit loads of fun,"

At Hernandez Dogs and Cats Home, Camila rushed around the establishment, irritated that yet again, one of the trainees had called in sick. One thing she hadn't done was told anyone that she was pregnant. She didn't know how to approach the topic and even though she was privileged enough to be able to carry a child, it was extremely hard for her to accept how she became pregnant. 

Whenever she thought about it, everything came flooding back and it made her head hurt and she felt dizzy and it was something that she didn't want to relive.

"Camila!" Ally called as she stood up from her desk chair and moved to the printer.

"What can I do for you, Alls?" Camila replied as she paused at the front desk. 

"I need you to take these papers," Ally began as she circled back round to the desk. "And go around to each room, giving them papers one, two and three each because they all have information about this week and next week so everyone has a chance to at least ask some questions. As soon as you've done that, I'll need you back into the office because we have some possible employees coming in for interviews. Is that all okay?"

"Um.. yeah sure," Camila nodded as she grabbed the papers and then headed off to room number one. It shouldn't take Camila too long because there were only eight rooms spread out down the hallway, five downstairs and three upstairs. However when Camila got the last room, she was empty handed so had to go back to Ally, get another set of papers, head back up the stairs and then back down again to the office. She just about had time to clear her desk before there was a knock at her door. "Come in!" The brown eyed woman called. 

"Okay Camila, this is Adam and just so you know, the next one should arrive in around twenty minutes so try to keep the time frame," Ally explained before ushering a young man into the room then disappearing again. 

"Hi, nice to meet you," Adam said as he shook Camila's hand then took a seat. Camila tiredly smiled at Adam then began interviewing him.

Back at 1000 Hands, Lauren was more than happy to learn that she would hardly have to see Shay for the entire day as they would be working in nearly the complete opposite sides of 1000 Hands, however somehow, everywhere she went, it was like she always saw Shay. 

Lauren groaned louder than expected when she saw Shay smiling smugly at her through a window, earning a look from a couple of her new co-workers. Aside from Shay, Lauren found her first day at 1000 Hands great, amazing, spectacular.