Chapter Ten

"I'm in love with a dork,"

Lauren groaned frustratedly into the sofa cushion, hurling the pen in her hand across the room. She was finding it impossible to find somewhere to work and she had been searching for nearly two weeks. She didn't even have Camila there to keep her focused as she was at her branch of Hernandez Dogs and Cats home. The only good thing was that Lauren didn't have to worry about Shay trying to maker any moves, or even any hassle from Dinah or Normani as they had moved to Texas.

With no motivation, Lauren shut her laptop and grabbed her phone.

Fianceé 💕: Camz
Fianceé 💕: Baby
Fianceé 💕: Babeeee
Fianceé 💕: KARLA CAMILA CABELLO ESTRABOA
Fianceé 💕: JAUREGUI

Camz ❤: WHAT.

Fianceé 💕: That is no way to speak to your soon to be wife

Camz ❤: Sorry baby but I am at work right now
Camz ❤: Is everything okay? Do you need something?

Fianceé 💕: I have no motivation and I miss you :(

Camz ❤: I'll try to be home soon but I do have to go now. Just keep trying babe. I love you xx

Fianceé 💕: Okayyy. I love you too baby xx

Lauren sighed and looked around the room, trying to find something to do because she knew that she generally needed a break from job searching. She tapped her chin and stared at the blank tv screen when she felt an annoying scratch on her leg.

"What the-" She muttered, reaching down to scratch her leg but coming into contact with fur instead. "Malin! Perfect! You wanna go on a walk? Yes?" She cooed, rubbing behind his ears as he became excited at the thought of going for a walk. Lauren smiled at the small dog then went to room to change her outfit, Malin following her behind.

"Which top should I wear?" She asked the dog, holding up a red and green flannel and also a long sleeved blue top. Malin tilted his head slightly to left and Lauren looked at the flannel in her left hand. "Good choice," She said, as she slid it on and did up the buttons.

As she was tying up the laces on her boots, it was clear that Malin was getting impatient as he began circling her legs and staring up at her. "Okay okay," She laughed, quickly checking herself in the mirror then grabbing his lead.

The weather outside was fairly sunny with a light breeze, only slightly toussling Malin's fur as they made their way towards the park. The small dog seemed in his own little world, but so did Lauren. She was consumed in her thoughts and stressing about her future, complete oblivious to the world around her. She was so lost in her thoughts that she didn't think twice before crossing the street with Malin, and she didn't hear the frantic car horn, or the distant screams or the people surrounding her as she lay on the ground.

Darkness.

"Holy fuck," Lauren cursed as she shot up from the sofa, her phone flying to the floor which startled Malin. "Fuck," She mumbled under her breath, running a hand through her slightly sweaty hair.

It was just a dream.

Lauren took a deep breath then reached to grab her phone from the floor.

Camz ❤:I'm on my way home now and I'll pick up dinner on the way xx

Lauren smiled at the message and noticed that it was sent nearly thirty minutes ago which meant Camila should be home any-

"Hi honey! I'm home," Camila called out from the door and Lauren instantly perked up from the sofa.