Chapter 18

"I like making out here,"

"Lo?" Camila mumbled tiredly as she reached out in the empty bed. "Laur..." Camila groaned as she opened her eyes weakly, just to see the empty sheets next to her. The brunette pouted and turned around in the bed to grab her phone, squinting her eyes at the intense brightness of the screen.

02:54 am

Camila let out a small sigh and laid flat on back as she placed one hand at  the base of her stomach, biting down on her lip when she felt a small pain. Camila breathed out again and waited for her fiancee to come back, hoping that she wouldn't be too long because she just wanted to cuddle and have Lauren look after her. 

Ten minutes later, and Camila was still laying by herself so forced herself to stand up and find Lauren. She wrapped the bed sheet around her and took slow steps into the hallway. The tanned woman walked into the living room and glanced around, but the lights were off, as well as with the kitchen and even the bathroom. The last place Camila decided to check was Lauren's own bedroom so she knocked on the door, there was no answer, and upon opening the door, the bed was empty and all lights were off.

"Lauren!" Camila called out quietly, holding the sheet tighter around her body. "Lauren Michelle!" Camila shouted a bit louder, but she didn't get an answer. "What the-"

Camila walked back into her bedroom and grabbed her phone, a pit of worry in her stomach as she called Lauren's phone. 

To her dismay, it started to buzz only a few feet away from her.

"Lauren! What the fuck. This isn't funny," Camila groaned as she walked back into the living room and dropped down onto the sofa. "Where are you?" Camila pouted as she felt tears brimming in her eyes. She roughly rubbed her eyes and let out a shaky sigh as she fixed the sheet back around her shoulders properly. 

Camila curled up on the sofa and let some more tears escape from her tired eyes.

Had Lauren left her? Was the idea of having a baby too much for her? Did she not love her anymore?

"Lauren..." Camila whimpered as some goosebumps formed on her skin and another tear slipped from her cheek and landed on the sheet. As Camila's eyes begin to slowly drift close, the front door opened and Camila's eyes instantly widened as she held her breath and froze in her position. 

She listened carefully as the door shut and dared to slowly peek over the sofa.

"Lauren?" Camila whispered wearily as she strained her eyes to see properly. "Lauren!" Camila shouted, diving up from the sofa, the sheet galling onto the floor as she ran into her arms, making the dark haired woman stumble back slightly.

"Hi bab-"

"Don't 'hi baby' me. Where on earth were you? You had me so worried, I thought that you had left me or-"

"Woah, woah, Camz. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to scare you. I just had a lot on my mind and I wanted to go for a walk. I didn't think that you would wake up," Lauren apologised quickly. "Aw, baby don't cry," The emerald eyed woman said as she pulled her fiancée into her. 

"I just got so scared that you had left me," Camila pouted as she started crying harder against Lauren's chest.

"Camz, I could never even think about leaving you, not for a single second. Did you even look in my room? Everything that I own is still here. I even left my phone here and I'm sure that you called it as well," Lauren said as she walked into their bedroom, Camila clinging onto her. "See," Lauren said with a smile when she saw the missed call from Camila.

"God, I sound so stupid," Camila groaned as she let go of Lauren and sat down on the bed.

"No baby, it's okay. I shouldn't have gone out anyway or I should have at least taken my phone. Lo siento, mi amor," Lauren said in a gentle voice as she sat next to Camila and wrapped an arm around her.