Chapter 15

"Come on Lauren! I'm hungry!"   

Lauren was laid out on the sofa having a lazy Sunday as Malin napped on the floor next to her and Camila played around with the guitar in her room. Lauren had her laptop on her stomach and a punnet of grapes next to her as she aimlessly scrolled through her Tumblr for a bit, reblogging a couple of things here and there. She decided to open her email, not expecting anything new apart from some offers from the Apple store so was more than surprised to see four emails sitting there, each one from a different internship. Lauren squealed like a little child for a moment before regaining her composure and clicking on the first email. She pushed herself up so she was more sitting than laying and scanned her eyes over the application.

Hey Lauren,

Thank you so much for your application to the M&MG Theatre but I'm afraid that due to the large amount of applicants that we have got, we aren't able to acc-

Lauren deleted the email quickly then moved onto the next one.

Miss Jauregui,

Here at Sledgehammer Studios, we have been searching for young people suitable for a role in the theatre industry and we have been impressed by your application so would like to move you up to the next stage. The interview process. We would much appreciate it if you could respond to this email confirming that you will be willing to attend this interview and hopefully move onto more. 

All of the interviews will be taking place this week so in your reply email, please state what day would be best for you and also what time. We look forward to hearing from you soon,

Beccy from Sledgehammer Studios

Quickly, Lauren replied to the email, feeling as if she had accomplished great feats even though it was just an interview, but for her, it was everything because she was one step closer to getting this internship. Making sure that her grammar was correct, Lauren sent off the brief email, thanking Beccy and also informing her that any day was good from eleven until three. Lauren sat there contentedly for a while then realised there were two more emails to open. 

Lauren,

You have been selected to come into Reflection to have an interview. You seem like you would be a perfect fit to the team and we would all love to meet you. All interviews will be taking place on Tuesday in the time frame of 9:30 am until 4 pm. If you click the following link, it will take you to a page where you able to book your appointment time.

Have a good day,

Leonard, Internship Manager

With a huge smile still on her face, Lauren opened the link and quickly booked her appointment, choosing an early one so there was no chance that it could clash with Sledgehammer Studios. Lauren let out another excited squeal and wiggled around in her seat, a dopey grin on her face. Whilst in the middle of her little happy dance, Lauren didn't notice Camila walk in with a smile on her face as she tried to suppress a giggle. Oh how she wished she had her phone with her.

"Babe?" Camila said in a quiet voice, biting her lip hard to stop the laugh falling from her mouth as Lauren stopped her movements with her arms in the air. 

"Yes?" Lauren replied in a quiet voice as she felt her cheeks heat up.

"Watcha doing?" Camila asked with a mocking tone as she set the guitar down and walked over to Lauren who still had her arms in the air. The brown eyed girl lowered Lauren's arms then moved the laptop out of her way and settled on Lauren's lap with a smug look on her face.

"I was being happy. Don't ruin it," Lauren quickly said, averting her gaze to Malin who was still on the floor, unfazed by anything. 

"I won't ruin it. I mean, it was cute," Camila said as she shrugged her shoulders. Lauren glared at Camila with her eyes squinted then folded her arms over her chest and began scowling.