THE PERFECT START

Riddhima's POV

I groan loudly as the phone rang next to my bed breaking my precious sleep again. It's been ringing from quite a time and I am ignoring it to complete my previous sleep but damn its persistence on breaking my sleep. I move my hand over it and still with my eyes shut searched for the stupid phone.

Damn.

Something fell from the table as I searched for the phone and I got held at it finally, the stupid invention ever.

I open my eyes slightly and slide to attain the call without caring to check who's calling.

"Hello"I heard my own rash throaty voice. I tried to speak it clear but my throat is still rash.

"Hello" I heard a chocked voice and I suddenly felt alarm. My sleep swapt in a second and I sat up on bed all ears.

"Muskaan Di"I said unsure and checked the caller. It's Rahul Bhai's number. I heard her sniffing and I pulled the phone closer,"what's wrong Di? Ap ro kyu rahe ho?"

"Tum dono bhi mujhe chod ke chale Gaye na? Mujhse Mile tak nahi?" I could feel her voice completely cracking as she chocked between her words and my heart ache at her vulnerable voice. I could imagine her broken state.

"Di it was sudden and I wasn't prepared myself. You know your brother right?"I cajoled her using my sweetest voice as I laid my back on the bed post.

I could hear the shower running faintly inside the washroom. I look towards the coach and Armaan's place was empty where he slept last night. I wanted to ask him sleep next to me but I wasn't sure if he would like it or not.

Last night was the best night of my life. I couldn't believe it actually happened. Armaan was so gentle and good. He even wished me our month-sary and I couldn't be happy less. He asked us to be friends, though I have no plans to be just his friends. I will make him fall for me all over again just like I am all over him.

The thought itself made me smile broadly.

"Riddhima"Di's voice came breaking again and I know this time she is been crying really hard,"mujhse milke toh jati na tu? Bina bataye chali gai aur call tak nahi kiya"

"Di situation hi Kuch Aisi thi ki mai apse baat nahi kar pai"and again I recalled all the bad days we have spent. All the pain and hurt feels fresh.

I subside the feeling and recalled the last night in my mind. It felt so bliss when he took the initiative. He was no more the heartless and rude Armaan. He was the Armaan I fell in love with. His sweet dimpled smile again took my heart and I am looking forward for more of that.

I told Di about everything and she was calmly listening. Her deep sighs told me she is facing the same situation. She may show us her strong side but deep down she is broken too.

"Kitna Mushkil hai na Riddhima kisi pe phir se bharosa karna?" It was barely a whisper yet audible. I nob and sighed,"Di I know Maine aur Rahul bhai ne Armaan aur apke sath jo kiya wo galat hai. Lekin kya Hume sudharne ka mauka nahi milega?"

"Hope tum dono ka rishta itna majboot ho jaye ki khud bhagwan bhi kabhi tumhe alag nahi kar paye"she said and I got the hint that she is of course ignoring Bhai's topic. She is not ready to forgive bhai,yet.

"Everything will be fine di. They say time heals the wound"

"Ye--yeah"her stuttering voice made my heart ache for her,"I gotta go Riddhima. medicine Lena hai. Bye"and before I could reply,she already hung up the call.

I sighed and closed my eyes thinking about everything. How life just keeps taking our exam. It never is as easy as it looks.

I was so lost in my thoughts that I didn't even heard the knod click untill his voice broke into the room.