NEW BEGINNINGS

Riddhima wakes up the next morning rubbing her eyes yawning. Birds creeping and singing around the house makes her smile but she frowns as  she finds the bed cold next to her. Armaan has been awake for a while now and he didn't wake her up.

She pouts then folding the blanket walks downstairs to the room. Almost everyone is awake as she hear Maa instructing to follow her and others making a run to work as soon as possible.

Today is her haldi ceremony. The first function of her wedding. Something really important to her and which will add more memories to her sweet box of memories.  She can't help but feel content with the turn of events in her life.

Who would have thought she'd be marrying Armaan again and this time for sake of love. To cherish the whole life with him and enjoy each and every moment of her life with him,  be it sad or happy.

She walked in the bathroom to be done with her morning routines. Looking at herself in the mirror she suddenly feels mad as her face is covered with turmaric and few lipstick marks, moustache made.

Without washing her face she walks down ," who did this on my face?"

All gathers and starts laughing at her as she fumes in anger. Armaan comes from behind and holds her in his arms,"chill babes.. it's our haldi ceremony. " She turns in his arms," did you.." but she stops and just like that her anger turns into laughter as Armaan's face was painted with lipstick and turmaric as well with a Bindi on his forehead.

Others laughs and enjoy while Armaan looks at them confused.  He takes his phone and checks his face. Smirking as he very well knows who did it, runs behind Rahul who is already far from his reach.

"Riddhima catch Nikki.." Armaan shouts and Riddhima rushes to get hold on Nikki who runs to save her life as well.

They runs in the  lawn area where maa and few of the workers are arranging everything for haldi ceremony.

Huffing, both Armaan and Riddhima stops as Armaan holds her so that she can relax when a warm bucket of water is poured on them both.

They stands there stunned as someone throws turmaric on them. Atul comes with a dhol and starts playing while Nikki, Anjali and muskaan dances around them.  Little Aayan laughs and starts jumping in Rahul's arms clapping looking around.

Riddhima smiles and holding Armaan's hand she drags him to them as they all dance together. They throw turmeric water on each other. Run and play together.

"Stop it now!" Maa sternly tells them and asks them to change

*******

He was sitting there, smiling while his eyes were on the stairs to get the glimpse of his woman. She came in his life like a falling star but with each and everyday,they both grew together shining. He helped her mending her borken self while she was just there by his side helping him walk through thick and thin.

As he sat there under the decorated hall, his grandfather's place which is legally his now looking beautiful with flowers and lanterns  as he recalled the day he sat just like that waiting for her to start a new life with her and her baby.

He knew even if the baby wasn't his, he was ready to give all the love to the baby just like he'd give to his own child. But unfortunately that day never came.  He could not love the baby. He could not even hold the baby because God had some other plans for him. For Riddhima.  Yet they still lighten the candle for their unborn baby everyday who's somewhere safe unknown to this world.

Today, as he sat there, all he could think of the bittersweet journey they shared together till now. The base for their marriage was a compromise.  A big mistake, when you look for forever. Because no one  can have a forever with compromise. Love and only love is the ingredient.