NO PARTING WAYS...

Riddhima's POV

It was dark. Very dark. Alone , I was frightened and scared to death. The darkness was very negative. It made me shiver.

A thumb voice made me jump on my seat. I wasn't tied up. I was free.

My back hurt. My throat was dry. I felt exhausted and tired. Very tired.

"Riddhima.."a faint voice called.

I look around. Trying to figure where this voice was coming from. But all I could see was the scary darkness.

"Riddhima..Run.."

Huh?

Who is this?

I tried to get up. My knee and foot were sore. Very sore. It took me a minute or two to stand myself.

"Run away Riddhima. Run.."

I started moving. Not exactly knowing why am I following the faint voice.

My heart was pounding hard against my ribcage. It told me to listen to the voice. It told me to get out of here.

I started walking faster. As much faster as I could.

My knee begging me to stop but my heart and mind asking me to keep walking.

Something was wrong. Something was missing. Last thing I remember is I was in a room tied up.

I banged into something hard. My head spinned but somehow I managed to move out of the room.

My eyes shut closed as the bright daylight came in contact.

I slightly opened my eyes. Looking around I was.. I don't know where I was.

I stated walking away from the place I was. Other than the black door, there was nothing around.

I ran and ran. Everything inside me was making me weak. I took a deep breath.

I can't stop. I have to reach to Armaan. Anyhow.

I walked again. And walked till I was standing in front of my home.

My home, where my heart belongs. My home, where my life is.

The gate opened and I walked inside.

Peace. All I could feel was happiness. Happiness of being back to my family. Happiness of being back to my home.

A smiled spread over my face. As I reached the door, a man I don't know walked out.

He was in white kurta and paijama.

I smiled at him but he didn't smiled back. I frown and as he walked passed me and soon there were more people walking out. Some were our neighbours. Few women who came the next day of our marriage for the 'muh-dikhai' ritual. Few I have seen in our wedding reception.

All were sad and upset.

"Maa"I called as I walked inside looking towards them as they walked passed me.

"Maa.. Muskaan di..Why are so many guests--"I trailed off as I look ahead.

A crowd was standing in the hall. Everyone started moving giving me space to go in. They stare at me sympathetically.

My frown grew.

"Riddhima.."

Anjy di.

She came running and hugged me tight.