Chapter 6

Clarke was running late, she knew her friends had already started the Wednesday night fun. She opted out of changing her clothes and just went in her scrubs, she had a crappy day and did not want to be bothered. She was half grouchy, two resident nurses and a doctor called in making everything on her floor short staffed. She was hoping there was plenty of alcohol waiting for her. She opened the door slipping off her shoes scanning the room. She could hear everyone in the kitchen. As she turned the corner there sat Raven in Bellamy's lap. Her pace slowed momentarily causing various eyes to meet hers. Raven looked to see who it was standing quickly when she saw Clarke.

"Don't move on my account" Clarke said grabbing a beer.

"He was teaching me how to play poker, that's it" Raven replied. Clarke sending her a smile and a nod. She knew Raven wasn't like that, it was jealousy coursing through her, but she wasn't jealous of Raven. It was something different, something she couldn't place.

"About time princess" Bellamy stated.

"Get real Bell, I'm sure you didn't even notice" She replied causing a hush to fall over the room. He turned to face her as she took her seat next to him.

"What is your problem?" he asked.

"Just a shitty day I guess" she replied. Picking up her cards that Jasper dealt her quickly. She felt Bellamy's hand on her leg, he gave her a slight squeeze and she looked over at him.

"Your here with us now, it only get's better." he smiled. She returned the smile giving him a slight nod. They were all having a good time joking and drinking. Bellamy would wait every few seconds and then poke Clarke in the side.

"What cards do you have?" he whispered as she turned her cards for him to see.

"This isn't a team effort" Monty protested.

"Hush" Clarke replied. Bellamy moved his hand to the back of Clarke's chair. She could feel him tracing designs along her. She hated to admit it, but his hands did amazing things to her. With just a touch he could calm her down, make her day better, almost like he pulled all the negativity and anxiety out of her with one touch.

Octavia rose from her seat, hearing a knock on the door.

"God, Bell answer your phone" The new arrivals voice cut through Clarke's body.

"Hello, to you too" Octavia muttered slamming the door.

"Roma, I didn't know you were back from your vacation" Bellamy stated standing to meet her halfway across the room. She wrapped her arms around him placing a light kiss on his lips.

Clarke rolled her eyes, Octavia and Jasper giving her knowing looks.

"Okay, so who is she?" Raven whispered

" Bell's on and off again girlfriend or friends with benefits I guess, all fun no commitment, she was on vacation for a month, I almost forgot she existed" Octavia whispered her reply.

"I hoped she wasn't coming back, ever" Clarke added.

Raven and Octavia smirked in response. The guys around the table shaking their heads.

"Is this about to be a hostile situation?" Wick asked.

"No, we behave like classy women" Clarke shot back, receiving a series of raised eyebrows from the guys.

"What now?" Raven asked hearing another knock.

"Can't get worse right?" Octavia asked.

Bellamy turned grabbing the handle, and in walked Finn.