Bunny Man

The Bunny Man is a creature that is described as a man wearing a rabbit costume who carries an axe or a hatchet. Many sightings occur around Colchester Overpass, a southern railway overpass spanning Colchester Road near Clifton, Virginia. Colchester Overpass is more commonly referred to as "Bunny Man Bridge".

Some say that the Bunny Man is already dead and is an ageing spectre. They say that it comes out of its place of death each year on Halloween to commemorate its passing.

In some accounts, the victims of the Bunny Man who have been killed by it have had their bodies mutilated.

The first incident of the Bunny Man happened on the evening of 19th October 1970. U.S. Air Force Academy Cadet Bob Bennett and his fiancée, were visiting relatives on Guinea Road in Burke. Around midnight, while returning from a football game, they reportedly parked their car in a field on Guinea Road to "Visit an Uncle who lived across the street from where the car was parked". As they sat in the front seat with the motor running, they noticed something moving outside the rear window. Moments later, the front passenger window was smashed, and there was a white-clad figure standing near the broken window. Bennett turned the car around while the man screamed at them about trespassing, including: "You're on private property, and I have your tag number." As they drove down the road, the couple discovered a hatchet on the car floor.

When the police requested a description of the man, Bob insisted he was wearing a white suit with long bunny ears, but his fiancée remembered something white and pointed like a Ku Klux Klan hood. They both remembered seeing his face clearly, but in the darkness, they could not determine his race. The police returned the hatchet to Bennett after examination. Bennett was required to report the incident upon his return to the Air Force Academy.

The second reported sighting occurred on the evening of October 29, 1970, when construction security guard Paul Phillips approached a man standing on the porch of an unfinished home, in Kings Park West on Guinea Road. Phillips said the man was wearing a grey, black, and white bunny costume, and was about 20 years old, 5 feet 8 inches (1.73 m) tall, and weighed about 175 pounds (79 kg). The man began chopping at a porch post with a long-handled axe, saying: "All you people trespass around here. If you don't get out of here, I'm going to bust you on the head."

The investigations were both soon closed due to the lack of evidence. In the following weeks, more than 50 sightings had happened, all reported to the police. The Washington Post released the following articles:

"Man In Bunny Costume Sought In Fairfax" (22nd October 1970)

"The "Rabbit" Reappears" (31stOctober 1970)

"Bunny Man Seen" (4thNovember 1970)

"Bunny Reports Are Multiplying" (6thNovember 1970)

It is said that the Bunny Man was executed by hanging 31st October 1897. His last words were, "I'll Be Back".

Taken from :"https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bunny_Man"

How do you kill the Bunny Man?

If the tales not be true, the Bunny Man should just be a homicidal maniac. If they are true, then you will be dealing with an immortal entity, as he was executed over 118 years ago. The best choice would be to shoot it from a distance, or run.