Chap•ter 16

Draco knew he heard a woman's scream. He didn't recognize it at first. But at a few moments her knew he heard it before, Ondine. Draco ran up to his Dark Arts Professor's office, barging through the door.

    "Professor, come quick." He huffed, out of breath.

  Snape ignored the young boy, waving his hand, signaling to leave him alone. When Ondine 'died', Snape became a beast in human form.

     "Professor, it's Ondine!" He begged. The professor shot up out of his chair, glaring at Draco.

    "Don't you get it, you foolish boy! I want to be left alone! Leave me alone! Your mind is playing tricks on you! Ondine is gone!" He yelled. Draco backed away from the professor, toward the door. His stomach filled with hurt. The young boy looked at Snape with begging eyes while he sat down, then exited the room. The only way he was going to be able to help her was by himself.

  Draco eventually found a metal cage, strong enough to hold a person, in one of the school's storage rooms. He went down to the lake, placing the cage in the water, and chaining it onto the bank. If something living were to enter the cage then it would be reeled up. Now the only thing Draco had to do was wait and hope if something living did enter the cage, it would be Ondine.

   Draco knew deep down inside she wouldn't go into his little trap, she was too smart for that. Maybe she was dead? But he knew he had to stop lying to himself, they never found a body, so there is still a possibility that she could be alive. Draco sat on a large rock, deep in thought, watching the lake roam. After  what seemed like hours, he was about to give up, when the chains begun to bring to reel up the cage. He observed the bronze chain as it magical reeled its self up pulling the cage up over the lake. Water rushed out of the insides of the cell, not showing what was inside. Draco went up closer to it. His eye widened ad he barely recognized the person he had been dreaming of every night...