The AlLies - PaRt 1

You close the door behind you. Even though Prussia said he was going to go off, you feel like the brothers need a moment. That's probably why Japan was happy to go on this little trip in the first place. He enters the room opposite, flicking the light switch before turning back to you, holding the door open.

"Are we looking for anything in particular?" You ask, approaching the sofas in the centre of the room, looking at the paperwork splayed over the coffee table.

"Other than our friend, no. But, anything that looks useful should be picked up." He states, walking towards the beds. You nod absentmindedly, eyes scanning the papers. They appear to be paperwork, others appearing to be blueprints. Prussia had said something about the front door not opening again, but there may be something about another exit. The ladder room, you suppose. but you know how that will end if something isn't done about it. But none of these damn cabinets have anything, just stationary supplies. Old files filled with numbers. The people that disappeared must have done so before the whole electric documents became popular, or they're too old and stubborn to convert to it. This fake mansion made it out as if the owner was an accountant, or a business owner. Which is weird now that you think about it. Where you ever able to open cabinets before and get dialogue?

To push forward the game, you head towards the lever. It so weird just on the wall. Obviously out of place. Like a game dev didn't patch it properly. You look over at Japan. Or well, the Japan cosplayer. If he wasn't so on point and handsome it would be a lot easier to not believe him. You huff, before speaking up.

"Have you seen other ones of these here?" Because come on, pointing and asking what it is is just dumb. And it's only a sensible stipulation think there'd be one if you didn't know how this song and dance goes. Japan perks up and looks at you, a small furrow on his brow. His eyes are on the plaque on the walk before he even sees the lever.

"'Up is Heaven. Middle is Earth. Down is Hell'." Japan reads the plaque and he furrows his brow, deep in thought. The lever is weirdly stuck between hell and earth. Like someone balanced it between the two. You chuckle to yourself at that. At least the game knew how to be numerous. "I think... Earth?" Japan lacks confidence in his decision, so he looks to you. You nod, shrugging your shoulders. It isn't an unwise decision, at least he didn't say heaven. He pushes the lever up to the middle, clicking into place. Clogs turn, creaking and clacking as they turn each other. A sudden clunk from the back of the room startles you both, so you go to find the source. From the sound vibration, it came from beside the bedside.

"What was that?" Japan questions, looking around for what it was.

"It sounded like..." You gaze around until you spot the object on the floor. "Key." You crouch down to pick it up. "It's a key." Flipping it over, you read the Roman numeral on the head of it. "It says it's for the first floor." You look over at Japan in confusion before your eyes wander to the ceiling. "I wonder how it fell." You mumble as you walk back to him. That is one of your wonders of the game. Above is the fourth floor, and according to the blueprints, a room isn't above. Maybe there is a secret compartment in the ceiling? Or maybe you could make use of all those pens and paper and redraw the blueprints. They may be more true in real life.

"Thank you for getting it." Japan begins before looking over to the plaque again.

"No problem." You place it in your pocket, letting your hands sit there, idle for a moment. You look between the plaque and the lever. Earth meant key. Hell meant to open a secret door. Heaven meant death.

"How about... Heaven?" Japan reaches out to pull the lever, fingers brushing the tip.

"No!" You grab his wrist. Japan flinches back at your sudden yelling and stares at you in surprise. You both stare wide eyed at each other. Now what are you meant to do?! You suck in a breath, eyes darting between Japan and the lever. He waits for you to speak. Japan has always been the quiet kind. You swallow. "Heaven." You stare at the lever. "I think it's a trap. Or maybe I over think and am paranoid, but heaven doesn't seem right, right?" You look back to Japan, eyes wide. Your breathing is shallow, and Japan just keeps the same unreadable expression on his face. "Okay, so, something happened when you all got here. When you entered this mansion, right?" Japan nods. "Something that made your whole group split. And something that scared you and Prussia when I first met you. And Germany for that matter." You look down, trying not to swear. "So if something is really happening in the place, something that attack, I wouldn't trust anything it offers."