Chapter 4: Cheating Meeting

Laura's POV

The words "Sunday Funday" don't mean much to me. It's always the same thing every week. Ross doesn't work nor write lyrics nor record unless he suddenly gets inspired. If this happens, it's another day that I don't get to see him and hang out with him. When Ross doesn't work on Sundays, most often he's spending time with his *fake* girlfriend. Either way, Sunday's are another form of hell.

---

I looked out the glass window, ashamed that glass makes everything clearer. The so-called happy couple was sitting with their feet in the pool, grinning and talking. I wished I could take Courtney's place. If Ross could see through the glass, he could make sense of everything.

Ross flashed his million-dollar smile at Courtney, the same smile that millions of fans would faint at if he did that to one of them. I could have myself if I hadn't basically lived with it my whole life. The dark-haired beauty Ross stared at in a daze returned the gesture, but surely not the feelings. Who knew if she would ever return what she had stolen.

The time raced by and an hour had passed, but I wasn't paying attention to what was happening outside my bedroom window. Now I was nostalgically swiping from one to the next picture of Ross and me from two years ago. It was almost the same setting, but at a beach. The portrayal displayed the both of us in sunglasses while I was pointing at Ross and at the same time he had his arm around my shoulders. If history repeats itself, I'll repair it this time.

So invested in the past, my head tilted up from its perch on the mattress to presently see Ross walk in with his pink swim trunks on. I swallowed, challenging myself to look at him in the face. I was flustered with the tension and could hardly speak.

"I came in here to see if you wanted to get ice cream with Courtney and me," his tone didn't question my proclivities.

My mouth ran dry. That's strange considering it was full ten seconds ago. I lost my breath, but still opened my mouth a trifle to respond. No words escaped. My dialogue was planned out, but seeing Ross standing there like that was in all ways overwhelming.

"I...uh, no. Sorry, I'm busy with... um, something. I'll tell you when you, um, when you get back," stammering was no match for Ross.

He slowly approached my conscience and put both hands on either side of me. His hand was grazing mine, the fervor forced my withdrawal from underneath. A shirtless Ross was now straddling me while I was sitting on the bed. My face was flushed a light pink and I could smell his wintergreen breath. Wintergreen is his favorite flavor of gum and now I think it has just become my favorite as well.

"Do you mean that?" Ross narrowed his eyes.

"Y-Yes?" the prolonging eye contact affected my shaky response.

"No you don't," Ross put his forehead on mine. The gap between us was smaller. His breath was sweeter. We had our glazes locked on each other harder. Our chests were inches apart. Our lips, even closer. All it took was one little tilt of the chin and...

"I know you want to," Ross spoke in a way that made me freeze.

I looked down at his lips. They were curved into a subtle, sly smile. Does this boy know what he's doing to me?

"I'll ask again, now that I have you in this position," I know his middle name is 'Shor,' but today it's 'Tease.' "Will you please come with me and Courtney to get ice cream? I always have the desire to be around you, and we both know it. Everything's better with you."

I swallowed. The moment seized me. Ross and I were breathing the same air. His exhales were my inhales. I experienced every chilling breath exiting his body. After Ross had orated his sentence, I couldn't breathe anymore. I knew what was overpowering my ability to move, but I couldn't control it. The controlling force urged me to act at once. It was trying to compel me into humiliating myself.

"Sorry. I'm preoccupied with... things," I felt the cold air refresh me as Ross pulled away, dissatisfied. His frown unnerved me as if I had killed his puppy.

I stood up and did my best to push him out the door before he could respond. I knew if he asked me another question while in the position we were in, I would have broken down. It would be unattainable to hold a conversation if I was that close to Ross.

I dramatically slid my back down the closed door until I was in a sitting position. What just happened? Did it even happen? Was it a dream or a nightmare?

The front door slammed and Ross and Courtney left for the ice cream shop. It could have been different if I confronted Ross about his relationship. I knew I couldn't because he would never believe me. Ross thinks he knows Courtney, but honestly, he's clueless. She's a witch casting a spell over him and Ross is too love blind to notice.

Going back years in time would fix everything. Ross wouldn't have met Courtney, we would've been the best friends we were when we were sixteen. He's still an amazing best friend to me, but I'm not near him as much because he's always with his fake ass girlfriend. If we were sixteen, Ross would run into my room and yank my arm until we were in the car, driving to get ice cream. I wouldn't even question his actions because of how close we were. Ross and I still are the greatest of friends and I could never take that for granted. When we're around each other, we're always the sixteen year-old best friends everyone thinks is a couple. I hate to think one girl changed all of that.

I hate the thought, but if one girl can morph everything to fit her evil mind, then another can morph it back. "Everyone! If your last name is Lynch or Ratliff, meet me in the kitchen right now!" The scrambling of feet somehow becalmed me.

When I jaunted into the kitchen, I was less than surprised to see everyone out of breath and waiting for me. They peered at my perplexed face and watched me grab an orange out of the fruit bowl. "Gosh, you didn't have to be here this fast."

Their snickering notifies that I have officially become the most feared meeting-caller in this family. I think that's a good thing.

"Alright, here's the deal. I'm been up to my neck with Courtney's fake as hell behavior and I'm positive you guys can sense it as well. We need a way to get rid of her and protect Ross. Before he gets any deeper and sees what's truly inside."

***

Hey people I don't really know what to say but did you hear the news that Laura's getting her own fragrance!!! It's coming out during the holidays and I'm so excitedddd.

The edit in the media is my own, I made it about 2 months ago. It's from Laura's performance at Elitch Gardens. statuslynch is my Twitter handle so feel free to give it a follow! I captioned the edit with "@/rossr5: Hanging with my on-screen girlfriends in Denver!" Tell me what ya think!

Happy October and month of Halloween! Is anyone dressing up? I'm not lol I'm lame. But I'm in high school so that's why.

Does the moment ever hit you that Ross and Laura are going to be 21 soon? Geez that's scary.

And one little fun fact about Disney Channel: Duets & Destiny is the only episode on Disney in 2016 to get over 3 million views at the time that it premiered. ;) Damn A&A back at it again with those iconic ratings.

Vote/comment!

L8r

Steph (yesifeelgoodr5)