Author's Note

My inspiration for The Girl Inside originated from when Rourtney was about a month in to their relationship. The comments on Instagram and Twitter that I saw all added up to my conclusion: Courtney's intention was only to gain publicity. I saw the way she was always near Ross in pictures like he was a life preserver, knowing there's no way someone could actually be that attached to their boyfriend/girlfriend. She's always so clingy whenever she's with Ross, so much so that it appears fake to me, like she couldn't take a picture unless she was squished next to Ross somehow. That anger and upset I had for her got summed up into this fanfic. 

The more I developed this story in the pre-writing process, the more I realized how strongly I believed in Courtney's real intentions. Following that I came up with the theory that Ross couldn't see that Courtney was actually using him, partially because he was blinded her beauty, but also because she was outright brainwashing him. In real life it's obvious how Ross has helped Courtney's prosperity in this business. Do you think she actually could've gotten that role in Status Update if it wasn't for Ross?

Later on for the fanfic, I created the idea that Ross might not see inner beauty. I backed that up because he's known Laura for so long, and it's apparent in the way they act that they're friends because of their commonalities. Raura's friendship in real life that I translated into the story is something I found to be much more existent than Rourtney's relationship.

I give thanks to you, to the person reading this, for reading along with me on this journey of discovering inner beauty.

Currently I am working on the plot for my third Wattpad story, and I can't wait to share the details! It will probably be published in July or August, because much of it is underdeveloped at the moment. I will be posting messages to my followers regarding updates to the story, so keep an eye out for that!

Also, does anyone else feel like 2017 will be a golden year for Raura? Rourtney hasn't really been around each other for the past month and I've been in a happier mood because of that. At least that's what other people have said to me about my disposition lol :P

Thanks for reading and I'll see you all soon!

Steph (yesifeelgoodr5)