Chapter 1

Weak.

Day after day Sakura would be ignored by her teammates while they trained to be stronger. Naruto and Sasuke would spar while Kakashi would read his Icha Icha Paradise novels.

Weak.

Kakashi never offered to train with her, not once. Even when she asked him; she was still denied. "Sakura, I don't think that being a kunochi is the right profession for you," Kakashi told her bluntly one day. "Why don't you find yourself a nice boy and settle down and raise a family." Kakashi patted her on the head and walked off.

Weak.

Naruto never noticed her; never tried to help her improve herself and become stronger. "Sakura-Chan stay back, and let me protect you," Naruto stood in front of her one a mission. "I don't want you to get hurt."

Weak.

Sakura had returned from that mission completely ashamed. She had failed to protect her charge and almost blew the mission for the rest of her teams. Sasuke stopped as Team 7 entered the main gate of Konoha. "You are too weak to be a kunochi, Sakura," Sasuke had tolled her. "You are pathetic; weak."

Weak.

Kakashi and Naruto just nodded their heads as Sakura began to cry; Sakura sprinted off to her apartment building.

Weak

Sakura sat in her apartment crying on her bed. She had not left her building for weeks, but none of the boys seemed to notice or care; no one came to visit her. With one last sigh, Sakura stood from her bed and grabbed a black bag that was laying near her closet.

Scanning her closet she shook her head roughly, and only placed a couple scrolls and some kunai inside of the bag.

"I'm leaving," she called to her empty house. Before leaving the house she slipped a black cloak on over her shoulders and shuffled outside.

She gracefully danced atop the rooftops as she ran towards the Konoha gate. Her cloak fluttered quietly in the wind, but Sakura's feet made no noise as she tried to mask her chakra.

"Not like anyone would care that I'm leaving," Sakura said silently while she slipped past the two sleeping guards as she walked out of Konoha. Sakura stopped and took one last look at her home town.

"I will return once I have obtained power," Sakura made a promise to herself. "Once I am no longer... weak."