Chapter 11

"Where do you think they are Gaara-sama?" Baki asked as they looked down the cave tunnels. Gaara currently had his eyes closed and was leaning against the cave wall arms crossed. They had been searching for the medics for about an hour now, and the group was getting irritated.

"Yeah! Where the hell are they?" Kankuro yelled asked. A rock hit Kankuro in the head, and he fell anime style to the ground.

"Just be quiet, Kankuro," Sakura muttered. She too had her eyes closed. She was sitting with her legs crossed hands resting on top of them. She looked completely calm, until she opened her eyes.

"Not good," Gaara said as he too opened his eyes.

"I knew there was a good reason for why Katsuyu didn't come back," Sakura said as she stood. "Everyone, fighting stances!"

In an instant the group was surrounded by seven large snakes. They were all purple, and all glaring at Sakura.

"It seems Orochimaru has already recovered," Temari noted. Her fan was poised perfectly on her back while she was glaring at one of the snakes that was eying Naruto hungrily.

"Where are the damn medics?!" Sasuke yelled to the snakes. The snakes all seemed to snicker at the same time, and Sasuke fell to the ground holding his neck.

A yell of pain caused Sakura to turn around and see Sasuke holding his neck. It was glowing a bright red, and looked to be spinning. Sakura looked next towards Kakashi who seemed to be trying to do some hand signs.

Sakura recognized the hand signs immediately, and started doing them as well. The two shinobis placed their hands atop of Sasuke's head, and he fell unconscious.

"It seems Orochimaru still has some use for Sasuke," Sakura said. She was currently healing Kakashi. "Kakashi, I want you to take him and Naruto out of here. They will only be a hindrance right now."

Kakashi nodded his head once Sakura had finished healing him. Kakashi glanced at Sakura before giving her a tight hug. "You really are strong," he muttered before grabbing the two boys and leaving the cave.

Sakura sat there and blinked. Then she blinked again. "Wha-"

Sakura was cut off as one of the snakes came to attack her. Sand blocked it, and encased all of the snakes; they were crushed instantly.

"We know where they are, we should get moving," Gaara commented as he lead the way. Sakura nodded, and was followed by Baki, Temari, and then Kankuro.

The five quickly started sprinting down the dark caves until they reached a form of light. Sakura looked ahead to see a roof in the cave. Taking a closer look she found several people locked in cages.

"What should we do?" She asked Gaara. Gaara shrugged.

"It's probably a trap to lour you out there," Gaara said. Sakura scoffed lightly, until she heard a recognizable voice.

"STOP! LET MY GRADSON GO!" An older woman's voice could be heard. The group couldn't see the person, but knew who it was. A scream was heard a second afterward.

Sakura sprinted out into the room without hesitation. She found a bleeding Chiyo locked in her cell, and a crazed looking Kabuto glaring at her; a bloody kunai in his hand.

"Leave her alone." Sakura said darkly.

Kabuto turned toward Sakura with an evil smile. "Nice to see you again so soon Sakura-Chan."

Sakura glared harder, and looked around. "Where is Kenshin?" Sakura asked.

A dark laugh was heard from one of the tunnel ways, and an even crazier looking Orochimaru walked out from it. He was dragging behind him poor little Kenshin by a rope around his hands.

"He's right here Ssssssakura-Chan," Orochimaru spoke evilly. He picked Kenshin up and patted him on the head like a dog; Kenshin looked deathly afraid.

Sakura took a step forward, but stopped when Orochimaru yanked Kenshin's rope a little tighter; he gave a small whimper.

"I wouldn't do that Sakura-Chan," Kabuto said while coming up from behind her. He placed his hand on top of Sakura's cheek. "We wouldn't want the little guy hurt now would we?"

A loud and possessive growl was heard from the other side of the cave, and Kabuto shuddered. A very angry looking Gaara appeared in front of Sakura. He grabbed Kabuto's hand and crushed it in a matter of seconds. Kabuto screamed, and quickly walked to Orochimaru.

"So we'll have a trade then?" Sakura asked. Orochimaru looked at her before grinning.

"Yes, of course," Orochimaru said. "You for the kid."

Sakura nodded and stepped forward, Gaara put a protective hand in her way. She looked at Gaara, but seeing the mischievous glint he had in his eyes, Sakura stood back.

Orochimaru's grin turned into a frown, and he was about to say something until a strong gust of wind flew through the cave room.

Orochimaru let go of Kenshin's rope for just an instant, and found Kenshin safely in Sakura's arms. He glared at the two.

"You won't be dealing with those two," a very pissed off Kankuro said from behind them.

"You'll be dealing with us," Temari joined in. Baki just stood in front of the siblings looking very intimidating.

Kabuto took a few steps back before turning around, and running straight into a wall. A wall of sand. Gaara wrapped his sand around Kabuto while glaring daggers at him. He looked over to Sakura who gave him a nod, and he clenched his fist. Kabuto was no more.

Gaara then turned his attention to Orochimaru. Orochimaru just stood still, he was looking at Gaara in a weird way, but then stopped abruptly. He disappeared into a puff of smoke.

Temari, Kankuro, and Baki took this time to break down all of the cage cells, and had begun escorting the medics out of the cave.

Sakura had walked up to Chiyo's cell, and opened it with Kenshin. Chiyo was lying on the cell floor, breathing heavily. She coughed suddenly, and then looked up to the two.

Kenshin ran to his grandmother, and squeezed her tightly. Chiyo just smiled weakly while looking at Sakura.

Sakura put a hand on Chiyo's bleeding stomach, and grimaced. "Kabuto stabbed you with a poisoned kunai... I don't think I have enough time to save you," Sakura spoke softly.

"I know," Chiyo said. "Just promise me you will protect Kenshin, Sakura."

Sakura nodded her head enthusiastically while a wet tear strolled down her cheek. "I promise I'll protect him," Sakura said while grabbing Kenshin. He had fallen asleep right when he had reached his grandmother's arms. Sakura smiled sadly.

Chiyo gave one last smile before she died.