Chapter 9

Three figures were running through the forest with great speed. "We have to hurry," one of them said as he increased his speed.

The other two nodded, and the three continued on their fast pace heading towards Suna.

Back With Sakura

Sakura walked sluggishly back to the front desk. She had just completed about twenty more healings, and was feeling a little bit tired. Her wrist slightly hurt, but when she looked at it the seal still seemed to be intact. She carefully glanced up at the clock; it was 12, and none of the other doctors had come in yet.

Sakura smiled suddenly, and quickly leaped out the hospital door. "Lunch, lunch," Sakura sang on her way to the Kazekage's tower. She smiled when it came into view. Walking up to the door she noticed several guards around. She nodded and smiled to them before she entered.

Sakura began skipping down the hallways of the Kazekage's tower until she reached a large red door. A brunette headed secretary was seated outside glaring at the pink haired teen. "Um... is Kazekage-sama in his office?" Sakura asked trying to be polite.

The brown headed girl just nodded, and her glare seemed to lessen up some. "Gaara-kun is in his office alone," she said.

Sakura laughed a little lightly as she knocked on the door. A stern 'enter' was heard from the other side, and Sakura entered quickly.

Gaara was sitting at his desk when Sakura entered. His hands were currently rubbing his temples, and he looked a little stressed. Without missing a beat, Sakura appeared behind Gaara and began giving his temple a massage.

"You look stressed Gaara," Sakura said. Gaara just nodded, and leaned back in his chair. After a long sigh, Gaara finally spoke.

"What are you doing here Sakura?" Gaara asked as he opened one eye. Sakura just smiled, and continued her massage.

"Temari-Chan said I should come here when I was ready to eat lunch," Sakura said.

A knock was heard at the Kazekage's door, and Gaara grabbed Sakura's hands to stop them from massaging. "Enter," Gaara said as he nodded for Sakura to take a seat; which she did.

Temari entered the room looking extremely angry. "Damn medics," Sakura and Gaara heard her mumble as she walked in.

Sakura raised an eyebrow, and spoke. "I hope you're not talking about me Temari-Chan," Sakura said.

Seeing Sakura, Temari smiled. "No, I'm sorry Sakura-Chan, I'm not talking about you. I'm talking about our idiot medics," Temari said.

This caused Sakura to frown. "Yeah. None of them showed up at the hospital today," Sakura said quietly. "I had to heal everyone by myself."

Temari frowned also. "Really?" Temari asked; Sakura nodded. "That's strange. They should have showed up at the hospital a few hours ago..."

"Yep," Sakura replied bringing a finger to her chin, "that is what Baki-san said at the hospital when I healed him. He said they wouldn't come for a few more hours... but they ended up not coming at all!"

Gaara sat in his chair quietly as he watched the conversation between Sakura and his sister. "Where are they Temari?" Gaara spoke up.

Temari just shook her head. "I dunno Gaara. None of them called in sick, and they are not on missions..."

Silence filled the room, until Gaara spoke again. "Temari, take Sakura to lunch. I'll be there in a few minutes," Gaara said. "I'll have Baki and Kankuro look into this matter."

Temari nodded, and Sakura stood. They both waved to Gaara as they walked out his door. Gaara just sat there before calling Kankuro in. "I know you're listening Kankuro, you can come in now," Gaara sighed.