Chapter 5

Sakura stood atop the Hokage Monument staring at Konoha. Even though her eyes had looked emerald before they were currently a deep forest green, and her face was emotionless.

"What happened to Sakura to bring you out?" A voice asked from behind her. Sakura turned around to see a red headed Kazekage standing there.

"She was too weak," Sakura stated as she spat on the ground. "Sakura Haruno had always been too weak so I convinced her to let me take over."

"She isn't totally gone is she?" Gaara asked taking a step closer. "She can't be completely gone if you're still alive."

Sakura smirked lightly, but then turned around so the Kazekage could only see her back. "I don't know what you're talking about Kazekage-sama," Sakura said emotionlessly. "I, Mika, am the only soul that is left alive inside of Sakura Haruno's body."

"I doubt that very much," a new voice interjected. The blond Hokage stood several feet away from the girl, and had a slight smirk to her. "Sakura Haruno would never allow herself to be taken over so easily."

Sakura growled and turned to the blond. She glared lightly before she felt a foreign chakra behind her, turning around she cursed herself for being to slow, and soon plummeted to the ground.

Kakashi stood behind were the kunochi once was standing. He looked sadly at the girl he once called his student before he sighed and bent down to pick her up. Gaara beat him to it though, and was already carrying the girl bridal style to the Hokage.

"We should get the sealing done with as soon as we can," Gaara mentioned as they walked to the hospital. Tsunade nodded, and looked at the unconscious pink haired girl in Gaara's hands.

"I hope Sakura is still in there somewhere," Tsunade sighed. Kakashi nodded, as he followed the two with his hands in his pockets. "Kakashi, I think you should keep Naruto and Sasuke distracted; this could take a while."

Kakashi nodded, and poofed away in a puff of smoke. Gaara just looked back to Tsunade. Tsunade just picked up her pace, and turned her head to see the trailing Kazekage. She smirked before saying, "Hurry up."

Gaara complied, and soon the three were at the hospital. Tsunade lead Gaara to the basement of the hospital, and saw Shizune standing there with Ton ton. Shizune was already in her medical scrubs, but Tsunade only shook her head. "Gaara, place her in the middle of the room."

That's when Gaara noticed the design on the floor. Black writing was on the ground that made a cool design. There were three circles near and around the outside of the room, and made it look like a triangle. On the inside of the room a final circle could be seen, and Gaara set Sakura down gently there.

Tsunade walked to the middle of the room and did a few hand signs. Placed her now glowing blue hands on Sakura's forehead, and watched the girl cringe in pain.

"We should start," Tsunade said walking back and sitting in one of the circles. Shizune sat in another one, and meant that there was a free one left. Gaara sighed, and sat down in the final open circle, and brought his hands together.

He closed his eyes in concentration as his hands began doing complex signs he had never seen before that day.

Hours passed, and the only one that appeared to be tired was Shizune. She was panting heavily, and sweat was dripping from her brow. Tsunade opened her eyes to access the situation when she smiled. She looked at Sakura as she was now giving off a faint pink glow. A faint black color could be seen resting around Sakura's wrist, and Tsunade slowly stood. "This is it," she muttered lightly to her comrades.

Gaara nodded, and followed Tsunade immediately. Shizune stood up with some trouble, but successfully met the other two in the middle of the room; where Sakura was. They all bent their hands down, and pressed them around Sakura's wrist.

Sakura flailed immediately, and jolted upward. She screamed loudly, as she glared ahead with fierce forest green eyes. "STOP!" she screamed, only to be ignored.

Tsunade pumped more chakra into Sakura's wrist, allowing her light blue chakra to be seen. Gaara followed her lead, and rushed more of his chakra into the pink haired girl; his red chakra was seen as well. Shizune began pouring the last of her purple chakra into the girl; only a little of the color could be seen on her wrist.

Sakura fell to the ground with a groan, and Tsunade smile triumphantly. She let go of Sakura's wrist along with the others, and admired their work. "It looks like a tattoo," Shizune muttered hugging Ton ton.

Gaara nodded his head; it did look like a tattoo. Swirls of red, blue, and purple were seen around her wrist. The colors enclosed a black crescent moon in the middle. He gave a small smile as he thought to himself how beautiful a seal could be.

As the group of three were staring at the young girl, they were startled when they saw her eyes open. Bright emerald; Gaara acknowledged. Sakura looked straight into the Kazekage's brown eyes and whispered a small, "Thank you," before she fell unconscious again.

Tsunade smiled, and picked the pink haired girl up. "It's good to have you back Sakura," Tsunade said while walking out of the room. Gaara was still kneeling on the floor.

'She thanked me,' Gaara thought to himself. 'She didn't look afraid of me; she doesn't even know me, but she thanked me.'

Shizune smiled as well, but soon fell forward, and passed out. Gaara sighed, but picked her up, and followed after Tsunade.

Tsunade had already made it to a medical room, and Sakura was currently sleeping on one of the beds. Gaara set Shizune down on the other bed, and Tsunade frowned while looking at Sakura's wrist.

"I hope the seal won't break," she muttered to herself; Gaara still over heard her.

"Why would it break?" He asked taking a seat next to Sakura's bed.

"I'm worried Shizune didn't have enough chakra," Tsunade sighed while showing Gaara Sakura's wrist. Red and light blue were definitely the dominate colors, and the purple didn't seem as strong. "I know she did her best, but-"

"We can't worry about that now," Gaara nodded towards Shizune. "We can always have her team redo the seal if our chakra was not enough."

Tsunade seemed to think a bit, as she brought one of her hands to her chin. She then nodded with a sigh. "I guess you're right Gaara. I think I'll go get her team so they can see her. Could you stay and watch them for me?"

Gaara nodded his head, and Tsunade left the room with a smile on her face. Gaara averted his attention back to the pink haired girl beside him. She was truly beautiful. He long pink hair fanned out while she slept. And when Gaara saw her thankful emerald eye-

'She's just like me,' Gaara thought to himself while taking one of her hands. 'Some cursed beast inside her trying to take over her body... well it did take over her body.'

Gaara sat in thought for about an hour, and didn't notice a ninja clad in an orange jump burst through the hospital door. "SAKURA-CHAN!" Naruto yelled as he ran to Sakura's side. Gaara had let go of Sakura's hand once he noticed Naruto came in, and Naruto took her hand.

Kakashi walked leisurely through the door next, his hands were stuffed into his pockets, and he looked at his former student with a smile on his face. He walked over to Naruto, who was still screaming Sakura's name, and boinked him on the head. "She's asleep Naruto," Kakashi said as he took Sakura's other hand on the other side of her, and sat in a chair.

Gaara soon stood up, and slipped out of the room seemingly unnoticed until he bumped into a raven haired Uchiha. "Hn," the Uchiha stated not even apologizing to the Kazekage as he walked into the hospital door. Gaara just shook his head, and left to his hotel room.

Sasuke entered the hospital room, and looked at Sakura. She was sleeping peacefully, and had a slight smile on her face. Sasuke said nothing as sat down on the end of her bed.

"How long will she be out like this Kakashi-sensei?" Naruto asked his eyes filled with worry. Kakashi sighed and closed his eyes.

"Depends Naruto," he said while taking out his Icha Icha book with one hand, the other still holding onto Sakura's.

Naruto nodded, and continued to stare at the mesmerizing tattoo on Sakura's right hand. "It's beautiful isn't it Kakashi-sensei?"

Kakashi nodded, and Sasuke just looked uninterested. 'It may be beautiful Naruto, but it is there for her own protection... as well as our own.'