Chapter Ten. Give up the ghost

The lightning hit the leftmost hat, obliterating it completely.

        Yugi smiled.

        “Missed.” I said with a grin.

        “No!” Not-Kaiba yelled. “That hat was empty!”

        The gang cheered as Kemo gritted his teeth.

        “You guessed wrong.” Yugi said with his usual confident grin. “Guess wrong again and it will cost you.” He placed a trap card, hiding it in one of the hats. “There are still three magical hats on the field. One is empty. One holds the Dark Magician. And the other holds a special surprise just for you. If you destroy the empty hat it’s my turn again. If you find the dark Magician then you win the duel but I’m betting that you will attack the hat that conceals the trap I just put into play.”

        “A trap card?” Not-Kaiba asked.

        “Now, which will it be?”

        This was a huge gamble, even if the odds were in favor of Yugi. I just hoped that Yugi or the magic of the puzzle knew what it was doing.

        Not-Kaiba studied the hats for a long time. “Blue-eyes, white Dragon! Attack the middle hat!”

        Good-bye middle hat.

        Yugi and I both burst out laughing as the Spellbinding circle was activated, trapping the dragon and dropping it’s attack points to 2300.

        “The Blue eyes white dragon is normally unstoppable but when drained of its energy it is possible to destroy it.” Yugi said with a flourish.

        He attacked.

        Bye bye dragon.

        Yugi-1000 LP

        Pretty-boy-500 LP

        Mokuba broke free of Kemo’s grip. “Way to go, Yugi!”

        Kemo grabbed him again.

        Not-Kaiba played.

        A blue eye’s destroyed the Dark Magician.

        Yugi-500LP

        Pretty-Boy-500Lp

        It was a tie.

        “You have got to be kidding me.” I said.

        “And that puts an end to your dark magician.” Not-Kaiba laughed. “There are only three of them in the world and they’re all in my deck. There was another but I ripped it up.”

        Yugi’s eyes narrowed.

        “But how could I possibly know that unless I really was Seto Kaiba? You know, I couldn’t believe my eyes when you defeated all three of my dragons at once with Exodia. But now without that monster in your deck there is no way that you can win.” He grinned maliciously. “Your move.”

        “Yugi.” I said. “Don't listen. The entire world knows the details of your duel. That’s how he knows.”

        He nodded. But Iris. I don't have any monsters that can stand up to his blue eyes. This could be it.

        I gave him my signature get-it-together-or-else look. “You can do this.”

        “This duel is over, Yugi.” Not-Kaiba said. “I’m sure we’ll be hearing the fat lady sing any moment now.”